- W19361A (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Mast/stem cell growth factor receptor Kit, SCFR, c-Kit, Kit, CD117
- Rat IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
|946803||100 µg||171 CHF|
|946804||1 mg||655 CHF|
CD117 is a 145 kD protein tyrosine kinase also known as c-Kit and stem cell factor receptor (SCFR). It belongs to the CSF-1/PDGF receptor subfamily. CD117 is a receptor for stem cell factor (SCF) or c-Kit ligand. CD117 is expressed on pluripotent hematopoietic progenitor cells, mast cells, and acute myeloid leukemia cells (AML). c-Kit ligand binding of CD117 induces dimerization and phosphorylation of CD117, and activates the downstream signaling, including PI3K, JAK/STAT, PLC-γ and MAPK pathways. Consequently, it stimulates proliferation and survival of primitive hematopoietic stem cells as well as erythroid-committed and granulo-monocytic committed cells. The turnover rate of CD117 depends on ligand binding and its kinase activity. CD117 is also downregulated by PKC-mediated proteolytic cleavage. Additionlly, ADAM-17 mediates shedding of CD117 on the surface of mast cells. SCF/CD117 ligation protects vascular smooth musle cells against apoptosis and increases hyperplasia after vascular injury. The ligation also regulates cell survival and cell infiltration of mast cells in tumor microenviroment. Some evidence indicates that CD117 constitutively associates with interleukin-1 receptor accessory protein (IL-1RAcP), and activates IL-33-induced cytokine production upon costimulation with c-Kit ligand in primary mast cells. CD117 is upregulated on dendritic cells by house dust mite allergen and mucosal adjuvant cholera toxin (CT), and consequently regulates Th2's and Th17's responses.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Recombinant mouse CD117 (c-Kit)
- 0.2 µm filtered in phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing no preservative. Endotoxin level is < 0.01 EU/µg of the protein (< 0.001 ng/µg of the protein) as determined by the LAL test.
- The Ultra-LEAF™ (Low Endotoxin, Azide-Free) antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- The antibody is bottled at the concentration indicated on the vial, typically between 2 mg/mL and 3 mg/mL. Older lots may have also been bottled at 1 mg/mL. To obtain lot-specific concentration, please enter the lot number in our Concentration and Expiration Lookup or Certificate of Analysis online tools.
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. This Ultra-LEAF™ solution contains no preservative; handle under aseptic conditions.
Block - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by blocking the binding of 1 µg/mL recombinant mouse CD117 (c-Kit)-Fc chimera (Cat. No. 790806) to 2 µg/mL immobilized recombinant mouse SCF (Cat. No. 579706). ND50 range: 0.5 - 2 µg/mL. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
AB_2922647 (BioLegend Cat. No. 946803)
AB_2922647 (BioLegend Cat. No. 946804)
- Disulfide-linked homodimer
Hematopoietic stem cells, AML, mast cells
- Growth factor receptor, tyrosine kinase
- Endothelial cells, hematopoietic stem and progenitors, mast cells
- Stem cell factor (SCF)
- Cell Type
- Embryonic Stem Cells, Mesenchymal Stem Cells
- Biology Area
- Immunology, Stem Cells
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules
- Antigen References
- Nocka K, et al. 1990. EMBO J. 9:3287-94.
- Reith AD, et al. 1991. EMBO J. 9:2451-9.
- Cardoso HJ, et al. 2017. J Cell Commun Signal. 4:297-307.
- Sette C, et al. 1998. J Cell Biol. 142:1063-74.
- Kurosawa K, et al. 1996. Blood. 87:2235-43.
- Drube S, et al. 2010. Blood. 115:3899-906.
- Lemmon MA, et al. 1997. J Biol Chem. 272:6311-7.
- Yee NS, et al. 1994. J Biol Chem. 269:31991-8.
- Cruz AC, et al. 2004. J Biol Chem. 279:5612-20.
- Kimura Y, et al. 2011. PLoS One. 6:e26918.
- Krishnamoorthy N, et al. 2008. Nat Med. 14:565-73.
- Huang B, et al. 2008. Blood. 112:1269-79.
- Gene ID
- 16590 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD117 on UniProt.org
Related Pages & Pathways
- Do you guarantee that your antibodies are totally pathogen free?
BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house aside from the GoInVivo™ product line. However, upon request, this can be tested on a custom basis with an outside, independent laboratory.
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody by functional assay?
No, BioLegend does not test Ultra-LEAF™ antibodies by functional assays unless otherwise indicated. Due to the possible complexities and variations of uses of biofunctional antibodies in different assays and because of the large product portfolio, BioLegend does not currently perform functional assays as a routine QC for the antibodies. However, we do provide references in which the antibodies were used for functional assays and we do perform QC to verify the specificity and quality of the antibody based on our strict specification criteria.
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for potential pathogens?
No, BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house unless otherwise indicated. However, we can recommend an outside vendor to perform this testing as needed.
- Have you tested this Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for in vivo or in vitro applications?
We don't test our antibodies for in vivo or in vitro applications unless otherwise indicated. Depending on the product, the TDS may describe literature supporting usage of a particular product for bioassay. It may be best to further consult the literature to find clone specific information.
Other FormatsView All CD117 Reagents Request Custom Conjugation
|Ultra-LEAF™ Purified anti-mouse CD117 (c-Kit)||W19361A||Block|
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.