- 87G (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Human Leukocyte Antigen-G
- Mouse IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
|335923||100 µg||160 CHF|
|335924||1 mg||650 CHF|
HLA-G is a nonclassical MHC class I (MHC-Ib) molecule structurally related to MHC class Ia (HLA-A,B, C). There are seven isoforms of this molecule, including membrane bound HLA-G1, -G2, -G3 and -G4 and soluble HLA-G5, -G6, and -G7. HLA-G is primarily expressed on trophoblast cells. Its expression is also found on thymic epithelial cells, cytokine-activated moncytes, macrophages/dendritic cells during viral infection, and in various tumors. HLA-G exerts its inhibitory functions to regulate immune tolerance via interaction with inhibitory receptors ILT2(CD85j), ILT4(CD85d), and KIR2DL4(CD158d), which is expressed on NK cells, T cells, monocytes, dendritic cells, and B cells. HLA-G is also able to bind CD8α/α, which may mediate positive and/or negative selection in thymus.Product Details
- Human, African Green, Cynomolgus, Rhesus
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- HLA-G transfected cells
- 0.2 µm filtered in phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing no preservative. Endotoxin level is <0.01 EU/µg of the protein (<0.001 ng/µg of the protein) as determined by the LAL test.
- The Ultra-LEAF™ (Low Endotoxin, Azide-Free) antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- The antibody is bottled at the concentration indicated on the vial, typically between 2 mg/mL and 3 mg/mL. Older lots may have also been bottled at 1 mg/mL. Please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. This Ultra-LEAF™ solution contains no preservative; handle under aseptic conditions.
FC - Quality tested
ELISA, IHC-F - Reported in literature
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤ 2.0 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
87G mAb reacts with isoforms of HLA-G1 and -G5. Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: restoring HLA-G mediated suppression of allo-T cell proliferation and immunohistochemical staining of frozen tissue sections. Clone 87G is reported not to bind HLA-G in aldehyde fixed samples.4
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Odum N, et al. 1991. Eur. J. Immunol. 21:2121.
- Lila N, et al. 2001. P. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 98:12150.
- Lila N, et al. 2002. Circulation. 105:1949.
- Blaschitz A, et al. 2000. Hum. Immunol. 61:1074.
- Balsamo M, et al. 2012. Eur J. Immunol. 42:1833. PubMed
AB_2810514 (BioLegend Cat. No. 335923)
AB_2810515 (BioLegend Cat. No. 335924)
Trophoblast cells, thymic epithelial cells, cytokine-activated moncytes, macrophages/dendritic cells during viral infection, various tumors
- Inhibit NK and T cell-mediated cytolysis and T cell proliferation, induce apoptosis of activated CD8+ T cells, induce Th2 cytokine production
- ILT2(CD85j), ILT4(CD85d), KIR2DL4(CD158d), CD8α/α
- Cell Type
- Dendritic cells, Epithelial cells, Macrophages, Monocytes
- Biology Area
- Molecular Family
- MHC Antigens
- Antigen References
1. Hunt JS, et al. 2005. FASEB J. 19:681.
2. Carosella ED, et al. 2008. Blood 111:4862.
- Gene ID
- 3135 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about HLA-G on UniProt.org
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody by functional assay?
No, BioLegend does not test Ultra-LEAF™ antibodies by functional assays unless otherwise indicated. Due to the possible complexities and variations of uses of biofunctional antibodies in different assays and because of the large product portfolio, BioLegend does not currently perform functional assays as a routine QC for the antibodies. However, we do provide references in which the antibodies were used for functional assays and we do perform QC to verify the specificity and quality of the antibody based on our strict specification criteria.
- Do you guarantee that your antibodies are totally pathogen free?
BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house aside from the GoInVivo™ product line. However, upon request, this can be tested on a custom basis with an outside, independent laboratory.
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for potential pathogens?
No, BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house unless otherwise indicated. However, we can recommend an outside vendor to perform this testing as needed.
- Have you tested this Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for in vivo or in vitro applications?
We don't test our antibodies for in vivo or in vitro applications unless otherwise indicated. Depending on the product, the TDS may describe literature supporting usage of a particular product for bioassay. It may be best to further consult the literature to find clone specific information.
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.