- NKI-SAM-1 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- α5 integrin, VLA-5 α chain, Integrin α5 chain, ITGA5
- Mouse IgG2b, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
|328013||100 µg||270 CHF|
|328014||1 mg||743 CHF|
CD49e is a type I integral membrane glycoprotein, known as α5 integrin, VLA-5 α chain. It forms noncovalent heterodimer with integrin β1 (CD29). CD49e contains two disulfide-linked subunits of 135 kD and 24 kD, and is mainly expressed on thymocytes, activated lymphocytes, endothelial cells, osteoblasts, melanoma, and some myeloid leukemia cells. CD49e/CD29 complex binds to fibronection and neural adhesion molecule L1. It mediates monocytes migration, involves in the regulation of cells survival and apoptosis, and co-stimulates T cell activation.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Human, Cynomolgus, Rhesus
- Reported Reactivity
- African Green, Baboon
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- U937 cells
- 0.2 µm filtered in phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing no preservative. Endotoxin level is < 0.01 EU/µg of the protein (< 0.001 ng/µg of the protein) as determined by the LAL test.
- The Ultra-LEAF™ (Low Endotoxin, Azide-Free) antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- The antibody is bottled at the concentration indicated on the vial, typically between 2 mg/mL and 3 mg/mL. Older lots may have also been bottled at 1 mg/mL. To obtain lot-specific concentration, please enter the lot number in our Concentration and Expiration Lookup or Certificate of Analysis online tools.
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. This Ultra-LEAF™ solution contains no preservative; handle under aseptic conditions.
FC - Quality tested
IP, ELISA, Block - Reported in the literature, not verified in house
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤ 1.0 µg per million cells in 100 µL volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
Additional reported (for the relevant formats) applications include: immunohistochemical staining of acetone-fixed frozen sections, immunoprecipitation, and inhibition of a5 integrin mediated cell adhesion2. The LEAF™ purified antibody (Endotoxin <0.1 EU/µg, Azide-Free, 0.2 µm filtered) is recommended for functional assays (Cat. No. 328004).
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Yoshino N, et al. 2000. Exp. Anim. (Tokyo) 49:97. (FC)
- Orecchia A, et al. 2003. J. Cell Sci. 116:3479. (Block)
AB_2860857 (BioLegend Cat. No. 328013)
AB_2860858 (BioLegend Cat. No. 328014)
- Integrin family, associates with integrin ß1 (CD29), 135 kD and 25 kD in reduced condition, 155 kD (unreduced)
Thymocytes, activated lymphocytes, endothelial cells, osteoblasts, melanoma, some myeloid leukemia cells
- Adhesion, regulation of cell survival and apoptosis
- Fibronectin, neural adhesion molecule L1
- Cell Type
- Endothelial cells, Leukemia, Lymphocytes, Mesenchymal Stem Cells, Osteoclasts, Thymocytes
- Biology Area
- Cell Adhesion, Cell Biology, Immunology, Stem Cells
- Molecular Family
- Adhesion Molecules, CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1.Tran Van Nhieu GT and Isberg RR. 1991. J. Biol. Chem. 266:24367.
2. Isaji T, et al. 2006.J. Biol. Chem. 281:33258.
- Gene ID
- 3678 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD49e on UniProt.org
- Do you guarantee that your antibodies are totally pathogen free?
BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house aside from the GoInVivo™ product line. However, upon request, this can be tested on a custom basis with an outside, independent laboratory.
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody by functional assay?
No, BioLegend does not test Ultra-LEAF™ antibodies by functional assays unless otherwise indicated. Due to the possible complexities and variations of uses of biofunctional antibodies in different assays and because of the large product portfolio, BioLegend does not currently perform functional assays as a routine QC for the antibodies. However, we do provide references in which the antibodies were used for functional assays and we do perform QC to verify the specificity and quality of the antibody based on our strict specification criteria.
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for potential pathogens?
No, BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house unless otherwise indicated. However, we can recommend an outside vendor to perform this testing as needed.
- Have you tested this Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for in vivo or in vitro applications?
We don't test our antibodies for in vivo or in vitro applications unless otherwise indicated. Depending on the product, the TDS may describe literature supporting usage of a particular product for bioassay. It may be best to further consult the literature to find clone specific information.
|Purified anti-human CD49e||NKI-SAM-1||FC, IP, ELISA|
|FITC anti-human CD49e||NKI-SAM-1||FC|
|PE anti-human CD49e||NKI-SAM-1||FC|
|APC anti-human CD49e||NKI-SAM-1||FC|
|Ultra-LEAF™ Purified anti-human CD49e||NKI-SAM-1||FC, IP, ELISA, Block|
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.