- 24-31 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- CD40L, gp39, TRAP, T-BAM, TNFSF5
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
|310827||100 µg||205,00 CHF|
|310828||1 mg||595,00 CHF|
CD154 (CD40 ligand) is also known as CD40L, gp39, TRAP and T-BAM. CD40 ligand is a 32-39 kD type II transmembrane glycoprotein. It is a member of the TNF superfamily and is expressed on activated T cells. It has been reported to be important for B cell costimulation following binding of its receptor, CD40. Additionally, binding of CD40L to CD40 on B cells promotes the secretion of immunoglobulin and Ig isotype switching. CD40L is also involved in the regulation of cytokine production by T cells.Product Details
- Human, Cross-Reactivity: Cynomolgus, Rhesus
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- 0.2 µm filtered in phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing no preservative. Endotoxin level is <0.01 EU/µg of the protein (<0.001 ng/µg of the protein) as determined by the LAL test.
- The Ultra-LEAF™ (Low Endotoxin, Azide-Free) antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- The antibody is bottled at the concentration indicated on the vial, typically between 2 mg/mL and 3 mg/mL. Older lots may have also been bottled at 1 mg/mL. Please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. This Ultra-LEAF™ solution contains no preservative; handle under aseptic conditions.
FC - Quality tested
Block, ICC - Reported in the literature, not verified in house
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤ 2.0 µg per million cells in 100 µL volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunofluorescence microscopy1,3 and blocking of T cell-dependent B cell differentiation1,2,4,5. The LEAF™ purified antibody (Endotoxin <0.1 EU/µg, Azide-Free, 0.2 µm filtered) is recommended for functional assays (Cat. No. 310812). For highly sensitive assays, we recommend Ultra-LEAF™ purified antibody (Cat. No. 310828) with a lower endotoxin limit than standard LEAF™ purified antibodies (Endotoxin <0.01 EU/µg).
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Brams P, et al. 2001. Int. Immunopharmacol. 1:277. (Block, IF)
- Rushworth SA, et al. 2002. Transplantation 73:635. (Block)
- Berner B, et al. 2000. Ann. Rheum. Dis. 59:190. (IF)
- Nordström T, et al. 2006. J. Leukocyte Biol. 79:319. (Block)
- Zhang AL, et al.2007. Blood doi:10.1182/blood-2007-02-076364. (Block) PubMed
- Kuchen S, et al. 2007. J. Immunol. 179:5886.
- Matus-Nicodermos R, et al. 2011. J. Immunol. 186:2164. PubMed
- Peterson VM, et al. 2017. Nat. Biotechnol. 35:936. (PG)
- Product Citations
AB_11150400 (BioLegend Cat. No. 310827)
AB_11150401 (BioLegend Cat. No. 310828)
- TNF superfamily, type II transmembrane glycoprotein, cleaved as soluble CD40L, 32-39 kD
Activated T cells
- B cell costimulation
- Cell Type
- T cells, Tregs
- Biology Area
- Costimulatory Molecules, Immunology
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Najafian N, et al. 2003. Expert Opin. Biol. Ther. 3:227.
2. Racke M, et al. 2002. Expert Opin. Ther. Targets. 6:275.
3. Ford G, et al. 1999. J. Immunol. 162:4037.
- Gene ID
- 959 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD154 on UniProt.org
- Do you guarantee that your antibodies are totally pathogen free?
BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house aside from the GoInVivo™ product line. However, upon request, this can be tested on a custom basis with an outside, independent laboratory.
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody by functional assay?
No, BioLegend does not test Ultra-LEAF™ antibodies by functional assays unless otherwise indicated. Due to the possible complexities and variations of uses of biofunctional antibodies in different assays and because of the large product portfolio, BioLegend does not currently perform functional assays as a routine QC for the antibodies. However, we do provide references in which the antibodies were used for functional assays and we do perform QC to verify the specificity and quality of the antibody based on our strict specification criteria.
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for potential pathogens?
No, BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house unless otherwise indicated. However, we can recommend an outside vendor to perform this testing as needed.
- Have you tested this Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for in vivo or in vitro applications?
We don't test our antibodies for in vivo or in vitro applications unless otherwise indicated. Depending on the product, the TDS may describe literature supporting usage of a particular product for bioassay. It may be best to further consult the literature to find clone specific information.
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.
Purified anti-human CD154
FITC anti-human CD154
PE anti-human CD154
PE/Cyanine5 anti-human CD154
APC anti-human CD154
Alexa Fluor® 488 anti-human CD154
APC/Cyanine7 anti-human CD154
Brilliant Violet 605™ anti-human CD154
Purified anti-human CD154 (Maxpar® Ready)
TotalSeq™-B0032 anti-human CD154
Brilliant Violet 785™ anti-human CD154
Biotin anti-human CD154
PE/Cyanine7 anti-human CD154
Brilliant Violet 711™ anti-human CD154
PerCP/Cyanine5.5 anti-human CD154
PE/Dazzle™ 594 anti-human CD154
TotalSeq™-A0032 anti-human CD154
Alexa Fluor® 700 anti-human CD154
APC/Fire™ 750 anti-human CD154
Brilliant Violet 421™ anti-human CD154
Brilliant Violet 510™ anti-human CD154
TotalSeq™-D0032 anti-human CD154
Alexa Fluor® 647 anti-human CD154
Pacific Blue™ anti-human CD154
TotalSeq™-C0032 anti-human CD154