- 13A9 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- CDHN, CDw325, NCAD, N-cadherin 1, Cadherin 2, N-cadherin (neuronal), cadherin-2, calcium-dependent adhesion protein, neuronal, neural cadherin, Neural-cadherin
- Mouse IgG1
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
|844703||100 µg||145,00 CHF|
CD325 (N-cadherin) is important for neuronal migration during development, neurite outgrowth and target finding during differentiation, initial formation of synapses, and synaptic plasticity in mature neurons. CD325 (N-cadherin) is a 130 kD single pass transmembrane protein. Its extracellular region consists of five extracellular cadherin domains and has one cytoplasmic domain. N-cadherin is involved in organogenesis and in the maintenance of organ architecture by contributing to the sorting of heterogeneous cell types and in the cell adhesion needed to form tissues. N-cadherin is expressed by stem cells, myeloblasts, endothelial cells, fibroblasts, and also is expressed in neural and muscle tissues along with some types of carcinoma cells. CD325 associates with the cytoskeleton trough catenin proteins.Product Details
- Human, Mouse, Rat
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Human N-cadherin cytoplasmic domain fused to recombinant MBP.
- 0.2 µm filtered in phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing no preservative. Endotoxin level is <0.01 EU/µg of the protein (<0.001 ng/µg of the protein) as determined by the LAL test.
- The Ultra-LEAF™ (Low Endotoxin, Azide-Free) antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- The antibody is bottled at the concentration indicated on the vial, typically between 2 mg/mL and 3 mg/mL. Older lots may have also been bottled at 1 mg/mL. Please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. This Ultra-LEAF™ solution contains no preservative; handle under aseptic conditions.
WB - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 1.0 - 10.0 µg per ml. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunfluorescence microscopy1,2,3,6, immunohistochemical staining4, and immunoprecipitation2,5,7.
For in vivo studies or highly sensitive assays, we recommend Ultra-LEAF™ purified antibody (Cat. No. 844703) with a lower endotoxin limit than standard LEAF™ purified antibodies (Endotoxin <0.01 EU/µg).
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Wahl JK, et al. 2003. J. Biol. Chem. 278:17269. (WB, IF)
- Knudsen KA, et al. 1995. J. Cell Biol. 130:67. (WB, IF, IP)
- Machell NH, et al. 2000. Biol. Reprod. 63:797. (WB, IF)
- Han AC, et al. 1997. Hum. Pathol. 28:641. (IHC)
- Van Aken EH, et al. 2002. Invest Ophthalmol. Vis. Sci. 43:595. (WB, IP)
- Tian G, et al. 2009. J. Biol. Chem. 284:18980. (IF)
- Nieman MT. 1999. J. Cell Biol. 147:631. (IP, WB)
AB_2565807 (BioLegend Cat. No. 844703)
- Member of cadherin family, single pass transmembrane protein, extracellular region consists of five extracellular cadherin domains, one cytoplasmic domain, 130 kD.
Cell membrane, stem cells, myeloblasts, endothelial cells, fibroblasts, neural and muscle tissues, and some types of carcinoma cells.
- Embryonic development, maintain tissue architecture, cell sorting and cell adhesion in tissues, promote motility, cell junction organization, pre and post synaptic adhesion, and ERK signaling.
- Cell Type
- Mesenchymal Stem Cells, Neural Stem Cells
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Neuroinflammation, Neuroscience, Neuroscience Cell Markers, Signal Transduction, Stem Cells, Synaptic Biology
- Molecular Family
- Adhesion Molecules, CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Hirano S, et al. 2012. Physiol. Rev. 92:597.
- Gene ID
- 1000 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD325 on UniProt.org
- Do you guarantee that your antibodies are totally pathogen free?
BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house aside from the GoInVivo™ product line. However, upon request, this can be tested on a custom basis with an outside, independent laboratory.
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody by functional assay?
No, BioLegend does not test Ultra-LEAF™ antibodies by functional assays unless otherwise indicated. Due to the possible complexities and variations of uses of biofunctional antibodies in different assays and because of the large product portfolio, BioLegend does not currently perform functional assays as a routine QC for the antibodies. However, we do provide references in which the antibodies were used for functional assays and we do perform QC to verify the specificity and quality of the antibody based on our strict specification criteria.
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for potential pathogens?
No, BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house unless otherwise indicated. However, we can recommend an outside vendor to perform this testing as needed.
- Have you tested this Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for in vivo or in vitro applications?
We don't test our antibodies for in vivo or in vitro applications unless otherwise indicated. Depending on the product, the TDS may describe literature supporting usage of a particular product for bioassay. It may be best to further consult the literature to find clone specific information.
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.