- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Interleukin-2, T cell growth factor (TCGF), Eosinophil differentiation factor (EDF), Killer cell helper factor (KHF), Macrophage-activating factor for cytotoxicity I (MAF-C I), Thymocyte differentiation factor (TDF)
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
|714604||20 µg||237 CHF|
IL-2 was discovered through its function as a T cell growth factor (TCGF), and plays a pivotal role in immune responses against pathogenic infection. Recognition and binding of foreign antigens by T cell receptors stimulate both the secretion of IL-2 and the expression of IL-2Rs on the T cell surface. Subsequently, the IL-2/IL-2R interaction activates the intracellular Ras/Raf/MAPK, JAK/STAT, and PI3K/AKT signal pathways, and ultimately stimulates the growth, differentiation, and survival of the antigen-specific cytotoxic T cells. Human IL-2 acts on murine and human T cells, and its receptors are shared by others cytokines. IL-2Ra is an IL-2-specific receptor, IL-2Rb is shared with IL-15 and the gc is a common receptor shared by many cytokines including IL-2, IL-4, IL-7, IL-9, IL-15, and IL-21.Product Details
- Mouse IL-2, amino acids Phe22-Gln169 (Accession# NM_008366), was expressed in E. coli.
- Molecular Mass
- The 148 amino acid recombinant protein has a predicted molecular mass of 17.2 kD. The predicted N-terminal amino acid is Phe.
- >98%, as determined by Coomassie stained SDS-PAGE and HPLC analysis.
- Lyophilized, carrier-free.
- Endotoxin Level
- Less than 0.1 ng per µg of protein.
- Storage & Handling
- Unopened vial can be stored at -20°C or -70°C. For maximum results, quick spin vial prior to opening. Reconstitute in water to a concentration of 0.1-1.0 mg/ml. Do not vortex. It is recommended to further dilute in a buffer, such as 5% Trehalose, and store working aliquots at -20°C to -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles.
- ED50 is ≤ 0.2 ng/ml, corresponding to a specific activity of ≥ 5.0 x 106 units/mg as determined by the dose-dependent stimulation of the proliferation of murine CTLL-2 cells.
- Product Citations
- Activated T cells
- Upregulated by NFAT; downregulated by TCF-8, CIF (colostrum inhibitory factor)
- T cells, B cells, NK cells, LAK cells, monocytes, macrophages, oligodendrocytes
- High affinity heterotrimer of IL-2Rα/β/γ, intermediate affinity homodimer IL-2Rα (CD25; p55; Tac) and heterodimer IL-2Rβ (CD122)/γ; γ-subunit (CD132) in common with IL-4R, IL-7R, IL-13R, IL-15R .
- Proliferation of T lymphocytes, B cells, anti-inflammatory, hematopoiesis, tumor surveillance
- Cell Type
- Hematopoietic stem and progenitors, Embryonic Stem Cells
- Biology Area
- Stem Cells, Immunology, Cell Biology
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
1. Detanico T, et al. 2011. J. Immunol. 187:82.
2. Malu DT, et al. 2011. J. Immunol. 186:6271.
3. Alcaide P, et al. 2012. J. Immunol. 188:1421.
4. Williams JW, et al. 2013. Am. J. Physiol. Lung Cell Mol. Physiol. 305:693.
- Gene ID
- 16183 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about IL-2 on UniProt.org
- Why choose BioLegend recombinant proteins?
• Each lot of product is quality-tested for bioactivity as indicated on the data sheet.
• Greater than 95% Purity or higher, tested on every lot of product.
• 100% Satisfaction Guarantee for quality performance, stability, and consistency.
• Ready-to-use liquid format saves time and reduces challenges associated with reconstitution.
• Bulk and customization available. Contact us.
• Learn more about our Recombinant Proteins.
- How does the activity of your recombinant proteins compare to competitors?
We quality control each and every lot of recombinant protein. Not only do we check its bioactivity, but we also compare it against other commercially available recombinant proteins. We make sure each recombinant protein’s activity is at least as good as or better than the competition’s. In order to provide you with the best possible product, we ensure that our testing process is rigorous and thorough. If you’re curious and eager to make the switch to BioLegend recombinants, contact your sales representative today!
- What is the specific activity or ED50 of my recombinant protein?
The specific activity range of the protein is indicated on the product datasheets. Because the exact activity values on a per unit basis can largely fluctuate depending on a number of factors, including the nature of the assay, cell density, age of cells/passage number, culture media used, and end user technique, the specific activity is best defined as a range and we guarantee the specific activity of all our lots will be within the range indicated on the datasheet. Please note this only applies to recombinants labeled for use in bioassays. ELISA standard recombinant proteins are not recommended for bioassay usage as they are not tested for these applications.
- Have your recombinants been tested for stability?
Our testing shows that the recombinant proteins are able to withstand room temperature for a week without losing activity. In addition the recombinant proteins were also found to withstand four cycles of freeze and thaw without losing activity.
- Does specific activity of a recombinant protein vary between lots?
Specific activity will vary for each lot and for the type of experiment that is done to validate it, but all passed lots will have activity within the established ED50 range for the product and we guarantee that our products will have lot-to-lot consistency. Please conduct an experiment-specific validation to find the optimal ED50 for your system.
- How do you convert activity as an ED50 in ng/ml to a specific activity in Units/mg?
- Use formula Specific activity (Units/mg) = 10e6/ ED50 (ng/mL)