- Other Names
- Interleukin 17 receptor B, Evi27, Il17br, IL-17ER, IL17RH1, IL-17Rh1, Cytokine Receptor-Like 4, Cytokine Receptor CRL4, CRL4
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
|778902||10 µg||115 CHF|
|778904||25 µg||225 CHF|
|778906||100 µg||720 CHF|
IL-17RB belongs to the family of IL-17 receptors that includes IL-17RA to IL-17RE. The IL-17 receptors are single transmembrane proteins and contain in the extracellular portion fibronectin type-III domains. In the intracellular portion, the IL-17 receptors have a unique structural motif called SEFIR [SEF (similar expression to fibroblast growth factor genes) and IL-17R] domain. The IL-17 family members are six ligands including IL-17A to IL-17F. IL-17B and IL-17E bind to IL-17RB with different affinities, thus IL-17E binds to IL-17RB with higher affinity than IL-17B. The binding of IL-17B to the homodimeric receptor IL-17RB induces pro-inflammatory cytokines TNF-α, IL-1β, IL-6, CXCL8/IL-8, and migration in neutrophils to the peritoneal cavity in rats. Multiple isoforms of IL-17RB have been detected in both human and mouse. These isoforms include soluble receptors derived by intron incorporation or by proteolytic cleavage. High levels of IL-17B and soluble lL-17RB have been detected in the plasma of patients with alveolar Echinococcosis (AE). Overexpression of IL-17RB is associated with murine leukemia cells. In humans, upregulation in signal transduction of IL-17B/IL-17RB promotes breast cancer tumorigenicity, and high expression of IL-17RB correlates with worse prognosis in pancreatic cancer patients.Product Details
- Mouse IL-17RB, amino acid Arg18 – Gly286 (Accession #Q9JIP3) was expressed in CHO cells. The carboxy terminus contains hIgG Fc.
- Molecular Mass
- The 508 amino acid recombinant protein has a predicted molecular mass of approximately 56.7 kD. The DTT-reduced and non-reduced protein migrate at approximately 70 kD and 140 kD respectively by SDS-PAGE. The predicted N-terminal amino acid is Arg.
- >95%, as determined by Coomassie stained SDS-PAGE.
- 0.22 μm filtered protein solution is in PBS pH 7.2.
- Endotoxin Level
- Less than 1.0 EU per μg protein as determined by the LAL method.
- 10-25 µg sizes are bottled at 200 µg/mL. 100 µg size is lot-specific and bottled at the concentration indicated on the vial. (Please contact technical support for concentration, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- Unopened vial can be stored between 2°C and 8°C for up to 2 weeks, at -20°C for up to six months, or at -70°C or colder until the expiration date. For maximum results, quick spin vial prior to opening. The protein can be aliquoted and stored at -20°C or colder. Stock solutions can also be prepared at 50 - 100 µg/mL in appropriate sterile buffer, carrier protein such as 0.2 - 1% BSA or HSA can be added when preparing the stock solution. Aliquots can be stored between 2°C and 8°C for up to one week and stored at -20°C or colder for up to 3 months. Avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles.
- The bioactivity was measured by functional ELISA. Recombinant mouse IL-17RB binds to immobilized mouse IL-17E at 0.5 µg/mL (Cat. No. 587302) in a dose dependent manner. The ED50 = 3 - 15 ng/mL.
- Application Notes
BioLegend carrier-free recombinant proteins provided in liquid format are shipped on blue ice. Our comparison testing data indicates that when handled and stored as recommended, the liquid format has equal or better stability and shelf-life compared to commercially available lyophilized proteins after reconstitution. Our liquid proteins are validated in-house to maintain activity after shipping on blue ice and are backed by our 100% satisfaction guarantee. If you have any concerns, contact us at email@example.com.
Expressed on iNKT cells, innate lymphoid cells (ILC), Th2, Th9, mesenchymal stem cells, cancer cells.
- Critical role in Th2-type immune response. The interaction IL-17E/IL-17RB induces IL-8 pro-inflammatory cytokine. The interaction IL-17RB/IL-17B promotes breast tumorigenicity, induces chemokines: CCL20, CXCL1, IL-8, and TFF1 in pancreatic cancer cells and cancer cell invasion. Also, promotes growth and migration of gastric tumor cells.
- Interacts with IL-17RA to form a heterodimeric receptor complex involved in IL-25 signaling.
- IL-17E /L-25 and IL-17B
- Recombinant mouse IL-17RB binds to IL-17E in a dose dependent manner.
- Cell Type
- Mesenchymal Stem Cells, NKT cells, Th2
- Biology Area
- Immunology, Stem Cells
- Molecular Family
- Cytokines/Chemokines, Soluble Receptors
- Antigen References
- Tian E, et al. 2000. Oncogene. 17:2098.
- Shi Y, et al. 2000. J. Biol. Chem. 275:19167.
- Angkasekwinai P, et al. 2007. J. Exp. Med. 204:1509.
- Kokubu T, et al. 2008. J. Histochem. Cytochem. 56:89.
- Lechner CJ, et al. 2012. Clin. Dev. Immunol. 2012:735342.
- Zhang B, et al. 2013. J. Immunol. 190:2320.
- Wu HH, et al. 2015. J. Exp. Med. 212:333.
- Gene ID
- 50905 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about IL-17RB on UniProt.org
- Does specific activity of a recombinant protein vary between lots?
Specific activity will vary for each lot and for the type of experiment that is done to validate it, but all passed lots will have activity within the established ED50 range for the product and we guarantee that our products will have lot-to-lot consistency. Please conduct an experiment-specific validation to find the optimal ED50 for your system.
- Have your recombinants been tested for stability?
Our testing shows that the recombinant proteins are able to withstand room temperature for a week without losing activity. In addition the recombinant proteins were also found to withstand four cycles of freeze and thaw without losing activity.
- How do you convert activity as an ED50 in ng/ml to a specific activity in Units/mg?
- Use formula Specific activity (Units/mg) = 10e6/ ED50 (ng/mL)
- How does the activity of your recombinant proteins compare to competitors?
We quality control each and every lot of recombinant protein. Not only do we check its bioactivity, but we also compare it against other commercially available recombinant proteins. We make sure each recombinant protein’s activity is at least as good as or better than the competition’s. In order to provide you with the best possible product, we ensure that our testing process is rigorous and thorough. If you’re curious and eager to make the switch to BioLegend recombinants, contact your sales representative today!
- What is the specific activity or ED50 of my recombinant protein?
The specific activity range of the protein is indicated on the product datasheets. Because the exact activity values on a per unit basis can largely fluctuate depending on a number of factors, including the nature of the assay, cell density, age of cells/passage number, culture media used, and end user technique, the specific activity is best defined as a range and we guarantee the specific activity of all our lots will be within the range indicated on the datasheet. Please note this only applies to recombinants labeled for use in bioassays. ELISA standard recombinant proteins are not recommended for bioassay usage as they are not tested for these applications.