- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Interleukin 17 Receptor A, IL-17 Receptor A, IL17R, CD217, CDw217, VDw217
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
|779002||10 µg||55,00 CHF|
|779004||25 µg||85,00 CHF|
IL-17RA belongs to the family of IL-17 receptors that includes IL-17RA to IL-17RE. The IL-17 receptors are single transmembrane proteins and contain in the extracellular portion two fibronectin type-III domains. In the intracellular portion, the IL-17 receptors have a unique structural motif called SEFIR [SEF (similar expression to fibroblast growth factor genes) and IL-17R] domain. The IL-17 family members are six ligands including IL-17A to IL-17F. All IL-17 cytokines bind to heterodimeric receptors that are composed of different subunits; thus, IL-17RA can interact with IL-17RB, IL-17RE, and IL-17RC to form heterodimeric functional receptors that signal by the binding of their homo or heterodimeric ligands. IL-17E binds to the complex IL-17RA/IL-17RB, IL-17C binds to IL-17RA/IL-17RE, and the complex IL-17RA/IL-17RC binds to IL-17A, IL-17A/F, and IL-17F. Dysregulation of the IL-17A/IL-17RA axis has been associated with inflammatory diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis, psoriasis, atopic dermatitis, multiple sclerosis, and inflammatory bowel diseases.Product Details
- Mouse IL-17RA, amino acid Ser32 – Trp322 (Accession # Q60943) was expressed in CHO cells. The carboxy terminus contains hIgG Fc.
- Molecular Mass
- The 530 amino acid recombinant protein has a predicted molecular mass of approximately 60.2 kD. The DTT-reduced and non-reduced protein migrate at approximately 70 kD and 140 kD respectively by SDS-PAGE. The predicted N-terminal amino acid is Ser.
- >95%, as determined by Coomassie stained SDS-PAGE.
- 0.22 μm filtered protein solution is in PBS pH7.2
- Endotoxin Level
- Less than 1.0 EU per μg protein as determined by the LAL method.
- 10 and 25 µg sizes are bottled at 200 µg/mL. 100 µg and larger sizes are lot-specific and bottled at the concentration indicated on the vial (please contact technical support for concentration, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.) Please note, new lots of the 100 µg size will be lot-specific and may differ from previous lots that had a fixed concentration.
- Storage & Handling
- Unopened vial can be stored between 2°C and 8°C for up to 2 weeks, at -20°C for up to six months, or at -70°C or colder until the expiration date. For maximum results, quick spin vial prior to opening. The protein can be aliquoted and stored at -20°C or colder. Stock solutions can also be prepared at 50 - 100 µg/mL in appropriate sterile buffer, carrier protein such as 0.2 - 1% BSA or HSA can be added when preparing the stock solution. Aliquots can be stored between 2°C and 8°C for up to one week and stored at -20°C or colder for up to 3 months. Avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles.
- Recombinant mouse IL-17RA inhibits the induction of IL-6 by recombinant mouse IL-17A (Cat. No. 576002) in fetal mouse skin fibroblasts in a dose dependent manner. The ED50 for this effect is 0.02 – 0.12 ng/mL.
- Application Notes
BioLegend carrier-free recombinant proteins provided in liquid format are shipped on blue ice. Our comparison testing data indicates that when handled and stored as recommended, the liquid format has equal or better stability and shelf-life compared to commercially available lyophilized proteins after reconstitution. Our liquid proteins are verified in-house to maintain activity after shipping on blue ice and are backed by our 100% satisfaction guarantee. If you have any concerns, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Epithelial, endothelial cells, fibroblasts, B and T lymphocytes, NK cells, monocytes, macrophages, dendritic cells, granulocytes, myelomonocytic cells, and marrow stromal cells.
- IL-17A/IL-17RAcomplex is a potent regulator of granulopoiesis and neutrophil recruitment under normal and inflammatory conditions; also regulates intestinal epithelial permeability.
- IL-17RB, IL-17RE, and IL-17RC.
- Homodimers IL-17A, IL-17F, IL-17E, IL-17C, and heterodimer IL-17A/F
- Mouse IL-17RA inhibits the induction of IL-6 by recombinant mouse IL-17A.
- Cell Type
- Dendritic cells, Endothelial cells, Epithelial cells, Fibroblasts, Granulocytes, Lymphocytes, Macrophages, Monocytes, NK cells
- Biology Area
- Molecular Family
- Cytokine/Chemokine Receptors, Soluble Receptors
- Antigen References
- Yao Z, et al. 1995 Immunity 3:811.
- Yamaguchi Y, et al. 2007, J Immunol. 179:7128.
- Yoshiga Y, et al. 2008 Int J Mol Med. 22:369.
- Zhang B, et al. 2013 J Immunol. 190:2320.
- Shabgah AG, et al. 2014 Postepy Dermatol Alergol 31:256.
- Lee JS, et al. 2015 Immunity. 43:727.
- Brembilla NC, et al. 2018 Front Immunol 9:1682.
- Gene ID
- 16172 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about IL-17RA on UniProt.org
- Why choose BioLegend recombinant proteins?
• Each lot of product is quality-tested for bioactivity as indicated on the data sheet.
• Greater than 95% Purity or higher, tested on every lot of product.
• 100% Satisfaction Guarantee for quality performance, stability, and consistency.
• Ready-to-use liquid format saves time and reduces challenges associated with reconstitution.
• Bulk and customization available. Contact us.
• Learn more about our Recombinant Proteins.
- How does the activity of your recombinant proteins compare to competitors?
We quality control each and every lot of recombinant protein. Not only do we check its bioactivity, but we also compare it against other commercially available recombinant proteins. We make sure each recombinant protein’s activity is at least as good as or better than the competition’s. In order to provide you with the best possible product, we ensure that our testing process is rigorous and thorough. If you’re curious and eager to make the switch to BioLegend recombinants, contact your sales representative today!
- What is the specific activity or ED50 of my recombinant protein?
The specific activity range of the protein is indicated on the product datasheets. Because the exact activity values on a per unit basis can largely fluctuate depending on a number of factors, including the nature of the assay, cell density, age of cells/passage number, culture media used, and end user technique, the specific activity is best defined as a range and we guarantee the specific activity of all our lots will be within the range indicated on the datasheet. Please note this only applies to recombinants labeled for use in bioassays. ELISA standard recombinant proteins are not recommended for bioassay usage as they are not tested for these applications.
- Have your recombinants been tested for stability?
Our testing shows that the recombinant proteins are able to withstand room temperature for a week without losing activity. In addition the recombinant proteins were also found to withstand four cycles of freeze and thaw without losing activity.
- Does specific activity of a recombinant protein vary between lots?
Specific activity will vary for each lot and for the type of experiment that is done to validate it, but all passed lots will have activity within the established ED50 range for the product and we guarantee that our products will have lot-to-lot consistency. Please conduct an experiment-specific validation to find the optimal ED50 for your system.
- How do you convert activity as an ED50 in ng/ml to a specific activity in Units/mg?
- Use formula Specific activity (Units/mg) = 10e6/ ED50 (ng/mL)