- Other Names
- Latency Associated Peptide (LAP), Transforming growth factor beta 1 (TGF-b1), TGFB1, DPD1
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
|593409||4 pack||80 CHF|
As an important regulator of TGF-β1 activity, Latency-Associated Peptide (LAP) is secreted as a complex with TGF-β1. LAP and TGF-β1 are synthesized as a single propeptide precursor of 390 amino acids with an N-terminal signal peptide of 29 amino acids, a 249 amino acids pro-region (LAP), and a 112 amino acid C-terminal region (TGF-β1).
Both LAP and TGF-β1 exist as homodimers in circulation, but the disulfide linked homodimers of LAP and TGF-β1 remain non-covalently associated, forming the small latent TGF-β complex (SLC, 100 kD). The large latent TGF-β complex (LLC, 235-260 kD) contains a third component, the latent TGF-β binding protein (LTBP), which is linked to LAP by a single disulfide bond. LTBP does not confer latency but is for efficient secretion of the complex to extracellular sites.
Previously, LAP was presumed to function only as a sequestering agent for TGF-β1. However, recent studies showed that LAP has in vitro or in vivo functions independent of TGF-β1. LAP can induce epithelial cell migration and promote chemotaxis of monocytes and block inflammation. In vivo, LAP enhances hepatocyte regeneration and reduces fibrosis. LAP is also a surface marker of activated regulatory T cells.
- Human LAP (TGFβ-1), Leu30-Arg278 (Cys33Ser) - Accession# P01137.2 was expressed in Spodoptera frugiperda, Sf21 (baculovirus).
- Molecular Mass
- The predicted molecular mass of human LAP (TGF-β1) is ~27 kD (monomer).
- >97%, as determined by silver stained SDS-PAGE under reducing conditions, prior to lyophilization.
- Lyophilized in sterile-filtered PBS, pH 7.2, containing 1% BSA, 0.09% sodium azide, and protease inhibitors.
- Storage & Handling
- Upon receipt, store unopened vials between 2°C and 8°C immediately and use within 12 months from date of receipt. Prior to use, reconstitute the lyophilized powder with 0.2 ml of PBS containing a carrier protein (e.g., 1% BSA, protease free), pH 7.4. Re-cap vial, vortex. Allow the reconstituted standard to sit at room temperature for 15 minutes, vortex again to mix completely. The reconstituted standard stock solution can be aliquoted into polypropylene vials and stored at -70°C for up to one month. Do not re-use diluted standards. Use a manual defrost freezer and avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles.
ELISA - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by ELISA assay. A standard curve comprised of two-fold dilutions from 40 ng/ml to 0.63 ng/ml is recommended, and the end-user should titrate each lot of reagents for optimal performance.
- Application Notes
To measure human LAP (TGF-β1), this recombinant protein can be used as a standard in sandwich ELISA format, when used in conjunction with the purified TW4-6H10 antibody (Cat. No. 349702) as the capture antibody, and the biotinylated TW4-6H10 antibody (Cat. No. 349707) as the detection antibody.
Note: For testing human LAP (TGF-β1) in serum, plasma or supernatant, LEGEND MAX™ Human LAP ELISA Kit (Cat. No. 436807 & 436808) is specially developed and recommended.
- Disulfide-linked homodimer.
Ubiquitously expressed by many kinds of cells.
- Multifunctional cytokine, regulates cell proliferation and differentiation.
- GARP (LRRC32)
- Cell Type
- Biology Area
- Apoptosis/Tumor Suppressors/Cell Death, Cell Biology, Immunology, Stem Cells
- Molecular Family
- Cytokines/Chemokines, Growth Factors
- Antigen References
1. Yi JJ, et al. 2010. Cell 142:144.
2. Tran DQ, et al. 2009. Blood 113:5125.
3. Lu M, et al. 2002. J. Cell. Sci. 115:4641.
4. Khalil N. 1999. Microbes Infect. 1:1255.
- Gene ID
- View information about LAP on UniProt.org