- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Interleukin-4, Ia inducing factor (IaIF), B-cell stimulating factor-1 (BSF-1), Hodgkin's cell growth factor (HCGF), Mast cell growth factor-2 (MCGF-2), Macrophage fusion factor (MFF), T cell growth factor-2 (TCGF-2)
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
|571809||4 pack||94 CHF|
IL-4 is a pleiotropic cytokine that is produced by activated T cells mast cells and basophils. IL-4 elicits many different biological responses, but has two dominant functions. The first is regulating differentiation of naïve CD4+ T cell to the Th2 type. Th2 cells produce IL-4, IL-5, IL-10 and IL-13, which tend to favor a humoral immune response while suppressing a cell-mediated immune response controlled by Th1 cells. The second is regulating IgE and IgG1 production by B cells. Recombinant human IL-4 is a 14.9 kD protein containing 129 amino acids.Product Details
- E. coli, approximately 15 kD
- Lyophilized in sterile-filtered PBS, pH 7.2, containing 1% BSA, 0.09% sodium azide, and protease inhibitors.
- Endotoxin Level
- Endotoxin level is less than 0.1 ng per µg (1EU/µg).
- Lot-specific (to obtain lot-specific concentration, please enter the lot number in our Concentration and Expiration Lookup or Certificate of Analysis online tools.)
- Storage & Handling
- Upon receipt, store unopened vials between 2°C and 8°C immediately and use within 12 months from date of receipt. Prior to use, reconstitute the lyophilized powder with 0.2 ml of PBS containing a carrier protein (e.g., 1% BSA, protease free), pH7.4. Re-cap vial, vortex. Allow the reconstituted standard to sit at room temperature for 15 minutes, vortex again to mix completely. The reconstituted standard stock solution can be aliquoted into polypropylene vials and stored at -70°C for up to one month. Do not re-use diluted standards. Use a manual defrost freezer and avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this protein is quality control tested by ELISA assay. For use as an ELISA standard, a standard curve comprised of doubling dilutions from 500 pg/ml to 4 pg/ml is suggested. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
This IL-4 protein is useful as a standard for a human IL-4 sandwich ELISA, using unlabeled 8D4-8 antibody (catalog #500702) for capture and biotinylated MP4-25D2 antibody (catalog #500804) for detection.
- Product Citations
- Cytokine, 14.9 kD
- Differentiation of naïve CD4+ T cells to the TH2 type, proliferation/differentiation of activated B cells, expression of class II MHC antigens, and of low affinity IgE receptors in resting B cells
- Cell Sources
- Mast cells, T cells, bone marrow stromal cells
- Cell Targets
- B cells, T cells, monocytes, endothelial cells, fibroblasts
- Heterodimer IL-4Rα (CD124); γ-subunit (CD132) in common with IL-2R, IL-7R, IL-13R, IL-15R
- Biology Area
- Stem Cells, Immunology, Cell Biology
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
1. Fitzgerald K, et al. Eds. 2001. The Cytokine FactsBook. Academic Press San Diego.
2. Boulay J, et al. 1992. Curr. Opin. Immunol. 4:294.
3. Dullens H, et al. 1991. In vivo 5:567.
4. Paul W. 1991. Blood 77:1859.
- Upregulated by IL-2, platelet activating factor; downregulated by TGF-β
- Gene ID
- 3565 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about IL-4 on UniProt.org