- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Interleukin-17E (IL-17E), Interleukin-25 (IL-25)
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
|711504||25 µg||253 CHF|
IL-17E, also known as IL-25, shares the least structural homology with other IL-17 family members and is also functionally distinct from other IL-17 familiy members. IL-17E is primarily involved in type 2 immune response. IL-17E can induce Th2 cytokines, including IL-4, IL-5, IL-9 and IL-13, in multiple tissues. IL-17E can also inhibit pro-inflammatory Th1 and Th17 cytokine response. It has been well established that IL-17E plays an important role in allergy and asthma. Blocking IL-25 has been a therapeutic option. IL-25 is also required for protection against gastrointestinal helminth infections. IL-17E-deficient mice exihibit impaired Th2 immune response. Exclusion of helminth parasites was delayed in IL-17E-deficient mice. Recently, the potential neuroprotective effect of IL-17E is also being explored. IL-17E can regulate the development of autoimmune inflammation mediated by IL-17-prodcuing T cells. IL-17E-deficient mice are highly susceptible to experimential autoimmune encephalomyelitis. Interestingly, in vivo antitumor activity of IL-17E has also been reported.Product Details
- Human IL-17E, amino acids Try33-Gly177 (Accession# Q9H293), was expressed in E. coli.
- Molecular Mass
- The 145 amino acid recombinant protein has a predicted molecular mass of approximately 17 kD. Recombinant human IL-17 is a disulfide-linked homodimer (~34 kD). The predicted N-terminal amino acid is Met.
- >98%, as determined by Coomassie stained SDS-PAGE and HPLC analysis.
- Lyophilized, carrier-free.
- Endotoxin Level
- Less than 0.1 ng per µg of protein.
- Storage & Handling
- Unopened vial can be stored at -20°C or -70°C. For maximum results, quick spin vial prior to opening. Reconstitute in water to a concentration of 0.1-1.0 mg/ml. Do not vortex. It is recommended to further dilute in a buffer, such as 5% Trehalose, and store working aliquots at -20°C to -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles.
- Determined by its ability to induce IL-8 in human PBMCs using a concentration range of 10 - 100 ng.
- IL-17E can be secreted by many cells in immune system including CD4+ cells and CD8+ T cells, macrophage, dendritic cells, mast cells and eosinophils, type 2 helper T cells (Th2) and mast cells. IL-17E can also be secreted by non-immune cells including epithelial and endothelial cells.
- IL-17E is a key requirement for the regulation of type 2 immune response and plays an important role in asthma, allergy, gastrointestinal helminth infection, and autoimmune inflammation. In human asthmatic tissue, IL-25 expression is elevated compare to healthy control.
- CD4+ NKT cells, macrophages, endothelial cells, eosinophils, and Th2 and Th9 cells.
- Heterodimer of IL-17RA/IL-17RB.
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
1. Rickel EA. et al. 2008. J. Immunol. 181:4299.
2. Barlow JL, et al. 2009. Biofactors. 35:178.
3. Benatar T, et al. 2010. Cancer. Immunol. Immunother. 59:805.
4. Saene SA, et al. 2010. Nature. 464:1362.
5. Kang A, et al. 2012. Immunity. 36:821.
- Gene ID
- 64806 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about IL-17E on UniProt.org
- Why choose BioLegend recombinant proteins?
• Each lot of product is quality-tested for bioactivity as indicated on the data sheet.
• Greater than 95% Purity or higher, tested on every lot of product.
• 100% Satisfaction Guarantee for quality performance, stability, and consistency.
• Ready-to-use liquid format saves time and reduces challenges associated with reconstitution.
• Bulk and customization available. Contact us.
• Learn more about our Recombinant Proteins.
- How does the activity of your recombinant proteins compare to competitors?
We quality control each and every lot of recombinant protein. Not only do we check its bioactivity, but we also compare it against other commercially available recombinant proteins. We make sure each recombinant protein’s activity is at least as good as or better than the competition’s. In order to provide you with the best possible product, we ensure that our testing process is rigorous and thorough. If you’re curious and eager to make the switch to BioLegend recombinants, contact your sales representative today!
- What is the specific activity or ED50 of my recombinant protein?
The specific activity range of the protein is indicated on the product datasheets. Because the exact activity values on a per unit basis can largely fluctuate depending on a number of factors, including the nature of the assay, cell density, age of cells/passage number, culture media used, and end user technique, the specific activity is best defined as a range and we guarantee the specific activity of all our lots will be within the range indicated on the datasheet. Please note this only applies to recombinants labeled for use in bioassays. ELISA standard recombinant proteins are not recommended for bioassay usage as they are not tested for these applications.
- Have your recombinants been tested for stability?
Our testing shows that the recombinant proteins are able to withstand room temperature for a week without losing activity. In addition the recombinant proteins were also found to withstand four cycles of freeze and thaw without losing activity.
- Does specific activity of a recombinant protein vary between lots?
Specific activity will vary for each lot and for the type of experiment that is done to validate it, but all passed lots will have activity within the established ED50 range for the product and we guarantee that our products will have lot-to-lot consistency. Please conduct an experiment-specific validation to find the optimal ED50 for your system.
- How do you convert activity as an ED50 in ng/ml to a specific activity in Units/mg?
Use formula Specific activity (Units/mg) = 10^6/ ED50 (ng/mL)