- Other Names
- DPC, ACE1, DPC1, CD143, CD143 Antigen, Angiotensin-Converting Enzyme, Angiotensin I Converting Enzyme, Dipeptidyl Carboxypeptidase 1
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
Angiotensin I-converting enzyme (ACE) catalyzes the conversion of angiotensin I into an active peptide angiotensin II, by the removal of two carboxy-terminal amino acids of angiotensin I. It is greatly expressed in endothelial and epithelial cells as a type I membrane grlycoprotein. A soluble form of ACE lacks the transmembrane domain and is present in biological fluids. Pulmonary microvasculature is the main source of ACE in blood. The enzyme is shed from the cell membrane and goes into circulation. The secretase cleavage site in membrane-bound ACE has been identified to be Arg-1203/Ser-1204, 24 residues before the membrane-anchoring. High levels in blood of ACE has been identified in patients with sarcoidosis or Gaucher disease and has been used as esa biomarker of disease severity. ACE, also modulates macrophage and neutrophil function. Neutrophils over-expressing ACE have higher production of superoxide and therefore greater ability to kill bacteria. This activity is independent of angiotensin II.Product Details
- Host Species
- CHO cells
- Human ACE, amino acid (Leu30 - Pro1236) (Accession: NM_000789.2), with a C-terminal TG-8His tag was expressed in CHO cells.
- Molecular Mass
- The 1217 amino acid recombinant protein has a predicted molecular mass of approximately 140.5 kD. The DTT-reduced and non-reduced protein migrates at approximately 160 kD by SDS-PAGE. The predicted N-terminal amino acid is Leu.
- > 95%, as determined by Coomassie stained SDS-PAGE
- 0.22 µm filtered protein solution is in Tris pH 7.2; 20% glycerol; 10 µM ZnSO4; 100 mM NaCl
- 10 and 25 µg sizes are bottled at 200 µg/mL. 100 µg and larger sizes are lot-specific and bottled at the concentration indicated on the vial (please contact technical support for concentration, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- Unopened vial can be stored at -20°C or -70°C for six months. For maximum results, quick spin vial prior to opening. Avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles.
- ACE activity is measured by its ability to cleave the fluorogenic peptide substrate MCA-Arg-Pro-Pro-Gly-Phe-Ser-Ala-Phe-Lys(DNP)-OH. The SA is > 1,000 pmol/min/µg in the presence of 0.020 µg of recombinant human ACE.
- Application Notes
Human ACE Enzymatic Assay
Human ACE activity is measured by its ability to cleave the fluorogenic peptide substrate MCA-Arg-Pro-Pro-Gly-Phe-Ser-Ala-Phe-Lys(DNP)-OH. The increase of the product is monitored by increase in intensity of fluorescence at 405 nm with excitation at 320 nm. Perform the assay rapidly. The specific activity is > 1,000 pmol/min/ug in the presence of 0.020 µg of recombinant human ACE.
- Assay buffer: 50 mM MES, pH 6.5 (at room temperature)
- Human ACE/CD143
- Fluorogenic peptide substrate: MCA-Arg-Pro-Pro-Gly-Phe-Ser-Ala-Phe-Lys(DNP)-OH
- F16 Black Maxisorp Plate (Nunc, Cat. No. 475515)
Activity Assay Procedures
- Dilute the substrate in assay buffer at 20 µM. Wrap substrate container in aluminium foil.
- In assay buffer, prepare 50 µL of serial dilutions of human ACE. Start at a concentration of 3.2 µg/mL and dilute 1 to 2 six times after.
- Add 50 µL of 20 µM substrate to the wells with 50 µL of prepared dilutions.
- Include a substrate black with 50 µL of assay buffer and 50 µL of 20 µM substrate without any human ACE.
- Read at excitation and emission wavelengths of 320 nm and 405 nm, respectively, in kinetic mode for 5 minutes.
- Calculate specific activity using the following formula:
Specific Activity (pmol/min/µg)= ((Adjusted Vmax* (RFU/min) x Conversion Factor** (pmol/RFU))
amount of enzyme (µg)
Final assay conditions per well:
Human ACE: 0.16, 0.08, 0.04, 0.02, 0.01, 0.005, 0.0025 µg
Substrate: 10 µM
BioLegend carrier-free recombinant proteins provided in liquid format are shipped on blue ice. Our comparison testing data indicates that when handled and stored as recommended, the liquid format has equal or better stability and shelf-life compared to commercially available lyophilized proteins after reconstitution. Our liquid proteins are verified in-house to maintain activity after shipping on blue ice and are backed by our 100% satisfaction guarantee. If you have any concerns, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Endothelial, epithelial, neuroepithelial cells, macrophages, and dendritic cells
- Regulates blood pressure, renal development, male reproduction,development of vascular pathology and remodeling. Modulates macrophage and neutrophil function, processes peptides for MHC class I.
- Angiotensin I, bradykinin, amyloid-β1-42, immunosuppressive peptide acetyl-SDKP
- Human ACE cleaves the fluorogenic peptide substrate MCA-Arg-Pro-Pro-Gly-Phe-Ser-Ala-Phe-Lys(DNP)-OH.
- Cell Type
- Dendritic cells, Endothelial cells, Epithelial cells, Macrophages
- Biology Area
- Adaptive Immunity, Cell Biology, Innate Immunity, Neuroscience
- Molecular Family
- Enzymes and Regulators, Proteases
- Antigen References
- Caldwell PR, et al. 1976. Science 191:1050.
- Parkin ET, et al. 2004. Protein Pept Lett. 11:423.
- Metzger R, et al. 2011. Microvasc. Res. 81:206.
- Shen XZ, et al. 2011. Nat. Immumol. 12:1078.
- Bernstein KE, et al. 2012. Pharmacol. Rev. 65:1.
- Danilov SM, et al. 2018. Mol. Genet. Metab. 123:501.
- Bernstein KE, et al. 2018. Nat. Rev. Nephrol. 14:325.
- Gene ID
- 1636 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about ACE on UniProt.org
- Why choose BioLegend recombinant proteins?
• Each lot of product is quality-tested for bioactivity as indicated on the data sheet.
• Greater than 95% Purity or higher, tested on every lot of product.
• 100% Satisfaction Guarantee for quality performance, stability, and consistency.
• Ready-to-use liquid format saves time and reduces challenges associated with reconstitution.
• Bulk and customization available. Contact us.
• Learn more about our Recombinant Proteins.
- How does the activity of your recombinant proteins compare to competitors?
We quality control each and every lot of recombinant protein. Not only do we check its bioactivity, but we also compare it against other commercially available recombinant proteins. We make sure each recombinant protein’s activity is at least as good as or better than the competition’s. In order to provide you with the best possible product, we ensure that our testing process is rigorous and thorough. If you’re curious and eager to make the switch to BioLegend recombinants, contact your sales representative today!
- What is the specific activity or ED50 of my recombinant protein?
The specific activity range of the protein is indicated on the product datasheets. Because the exact activity values on a per unit basis can largely fluctuate depending on a number of factors, including the nature of the assay, cell density, age of cells/passage number, culture media used, and end user technique, the specific activity is best defined as a range and we guarantee the specific activity of all our lots will be within the range indicated on the datasheet. Please note this only applies to recombinants labeled for use in bioassays. ELISA standard recombinant proteins are not recommended for bioassay usage as they are not tested for these applications.
- Have your recombinants been tested for stability?
Our testing shows that the recombinant proteins are able to withstand room temperature for a week without losing activity. In addition the recombinant proteins were also found to withstand four cycles of freeze and thaw without losing activity.
- Does specific activity of a recombinant protein vary between lots?
Specific activity will vary for each lot and for the type of experiment that is done to validate it, but all passed lots will have activity within the established ED50 range for the product and we guarantee that our products will have lot-to-lot consistency. Please conduct an experiment-specific validation to find the optimal ED50 for your system.
- How do you convert activity as an ED50 in ng/ml to a specific activity in Units/mg?
- Use formula Specific activity (Units/mg) = 10e6/ ED50 (ng/mL)