|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
|280302||250 µg||35 CHF|
Streptavidin is a 52.8 kD tetrameric protein obtained from Streptomyces avidinii. It binds to biotin with a very high affinity and is one of the strongest interactions in nature with a dissociation constant of 10-14 mol/L. It is used in a wide range of applications including ELISA, flow cytometry, molecular biology, and bionanotechnology.Product Details
- Phosphate-buffered solution containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- 1.0 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- Store between 2°C and 8°C.
FC - Quality tested
ELISA Capture, ELISA Detection, ICC, IHC-F, IHC-P, IP, WB - Reported in the literature, not verified in house
- Recommended Usage
To coat one 96-well plate dilute 24 µL of Purified Streptavidin into 11.976ml of 1X Coating Buffer (Cat. No. 421701, Coating Buffer 5X concentrate). Final concentration in the coated plate is 2 µg/mL. This recommendation is to perform the protocol for HLA class I ELISA to evaluate Flex-T™ peptide exchange. For other applications the reagent needs to be optimized.
- Product Citations
- 52.8 kD tetrameric protein.
Streptavidin binds to biotin with high affinity.
- Antigen References
1. Dundas CM, et al. 2013. Appl. Microbiol. Biotechnol. 97:9343.
2. Zhao X, et al. 2013. J. Anal. Methods Chem. 2013:581093.
3. Kaplan DL, et al. 1999. Biomol. Eng. 16:135.
4. Wilbur DS, et al. 1999. Biomol. Eng. 16:113.
5. Sano T, et al. 1998. J. Chromatogr. B. Biomed. Sci. Appl. 715:85.
- Gene ID