- TUJ1 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- CDCBM, CDCBM1, CFEOM3, CFEOM3A, FEOM3, TUBB4, Tubulin beta-3 chain, tubulin beta-III, tubulin beta-4 chain, class III beta-tubulin
Covance Catalog# MMS-435P
- Mouse IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
|801213||25 µL||99 CHF|
|801201||100 µL||248 CHF|
|801202||250 µL||367 CHF|
Tubulin is the main component of microtubules. In adults, tubulin beta 3 (TUBB3) is primarily expressed in neurons and is commonly used as a neuronal marker. It plays an important role in neuronal cell proliferation and differentiation. Mutations in this gene cause congenital fibrosis of the type 3 extraocular muscles. Tubulin beta 3 (TUBB3) is also found in a wide range of tumors. Studies indicate that it is a predictive and prognostic marker in various tumors.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Human, Mouse, Rat
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- This antibody was raised against microtubules derived from rat brain.
- Phosphate-buffered solution + 0.03% Thimerosal.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 1.0 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. Please note the storage condition for this antibody has been changed from -20°C to between 2°C and 8°C. You can also check your vial or your CoA to find the most accurate storage condition for this antibody.
IHC-P - Quality tested
WB, ICC - Verified
FC - Reported in the literature, not verified in house
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded immunohistochemical staining. For immunohistochemistry, a concentration range of 1.0 - 5.0 µg/ml is suggested. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 1.0 - 5.0 µg/ml. For immunocytochemistry, a concentration range of 1.0 - 5.0 μg/ml is recommended. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: flow cytometry4, immunofluorescence microscopy1-5,7, immunohistochemistry5,7, Western blotting8, and spatial biology (IBEX)9,10.
This antibody is well characterized and highly reactive to neuron specific Class III ß-tubulin (ßIII). TUJ1 does not identify ß-tubulin found in glial cells. TUJ1 recognizes an epitope located within the last 15 C-terminal residues8.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Nishimura K, et al. 2017. PLoS One. 12(1): e0170568. (ICC)
- Jongbloets J, et al. 2017. Nat Commun. 8: 14666. (ICC) PubMed
- Liu W.J, et al. 2015. Eur J Histochem. 59(1): 2464. (ICC) PubMed
- Chintalapudi SR, et al. 2016. Front Aging Neursci. 8:93. (FC, ICC) PubMed
- Ambasudhan R, et al. 2011. Cell Stem Cell. 9(2):113. (IHC, ICC)
- Hu X., et al. 2006. Nature Neuroscicene. 9(12):1520. (WB) PubMed
- Zechner D., et al. 2003. Develop Biology. 258(2):406. (ICC, IHC)
- Lee MK, et al. 1990. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 18:7195. (WB)
- Radtke AJ, et al. 2020. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA. 117:33455-33465. (SB) PubMed
- Radtke AJ, et al. 2022. Nat Protoc. 17:378-401. (SB) PubMed
- Product Citations
AB_2728521 (BioLegend Cat. No. 801213)
AB_2313773 (BioLegend Cat. No. 801201)
AB_10063408 (BioLegend Cat. No. 801202)
Covered by US patents 5,675,063 and 7,429,487. Sold under license from Epitomics.
- Tubulin β 3 is a 450 amino acid protein with a molecular mass of ~50 kD.
Tissue distribution: central and peripheral nervous system.
Cellular distribution: cytosol, cytoskeleton and nucleus.
- Tubulin β 3 is the major constituent of microtubules, and plays a critical role in proper axon guidance and maintenance.
- Alpha tubulin, kinesin and dynein.
- Cell Type
- Mature Neurons, Neural Stem Cells
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Neuroscience, Neuroscience Cell Markers, Stem Cells
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
1. Zhao X, et al. 2017. Med Sci Monit. 22: 3915.
2. Lebok P, et al. 2016. Oncol Lett. 11(3):1987.
3. Du J, et al. 2015. BMC Cancer. 15:536. PubMed
4. Rogue DM., et al. 2013. Clin Exp Metastasis. 31(1): 101.
5. Ploussard G, et al. 2010. Cancer Res. 70(22):9253. PubMed
- Gene ID
- 10381 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about Tubulin beta-3 on UniProt.org
|Alexa Fluor® 488 anti-Tubulin β 3 (TUBB3)||TUJ1||ICC, IHC-P, ICFC, 3D IHC, SB|
|Purified anti-Tubulin β 3 (TUBB3)||TUJ1||IHC-P, WB, ICC, FC|
|Alexa Fluor® 594 anti-Tubulin β 3 (TUBB3)||TUJ1||ICC, 3D IHC|
|Alexa Fluor® 647 anti-Tubulin β 3 (TUBB3)||TUJ1||ICC, ICFC, 3D IHC|
|HRP anti-Tubulin β 3 (TUBB3)||TUJ1||WB, IHC-P|
|Biotin anti-Tubulin β 3 (TUBB3)||TUJ1||WB, IHC-P|
|APC anti-Tubulin β 3 (TUBB3)||TUJ1||ICFC|
|PE/Cyanine7 anti-Tubulin β 3 (TUBB3)||TUJ1||ICFC|
|PerCP/Cyanine5.5 anti-Tubulin β 3 (TUBB3)||TUJ1||ICFC|
|PE anti-Tubulin β 3 (TUBB3)||TUJ1||ICFC|
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.
Alexa Fluor® 488 anti-Tubulin β 3 (TUBB3)
Purified anti-Tubulin β 3 (TUBB3)
Alexa Fluor® 594 anti-Tubulin β 3 (TUBB3)
Alexa Fluor® 647 anti-Tubulin β 3 (TUBB3)
HRP anti-Tubulin β 3 (TUBB3)
Biotin anti-Tubulin β 3 (TUBB3)
APC anti-Tubulin β 3 (TUBB3)
PE/Cyanine7 anti-Tubulin β 3 (TUBB3)
PerCP/Cyanine5.5 anti-Tubulin β 3 (TUBB3)
PE anti-Tubulin β 3 (TUBB3)