- N345/51 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Receptor Accessory Protein 1, Spastic Paraplegia 31 Protein, C2orf2, SPG31, Receptor Expression-Enhancing Protein 1, Chromosome 2 Open Reading Frame 23, HMN5B, Yip2a
- Mouse IgG2b, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
|857901||25 µg||70,00 CHF|
|857902||100 µg||140,00 CHF|
Receptor expression enhancing protein 1 (REEP1) is a multi-pass mitochondrion membrane protein that is part of the DP1 family. REEP1 has been reported to interact and enhance the cell surface expression of odorant receptors. Interestingly, REEP1 mutations have been linked to neurodegenerative disorders of upper and lower motor neurons, hereditary spastic paraplegia (HSP), and distal hereditary motor neuropathy type V (dHMN-V) (1).Product Details
- Human, Mouse, Rat
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Mouse recombinant protein fragment corresponding to amino acids 111-201.
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 1.0 - 5.0 µg per ml. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
AB_2801217 (BioLegend Cat. No. 857901)
AB_2801218 (BioLegend Cat. No. 857902)
- REEP1 is a 201 amino acid protein with a molecular mass of ~22 kD.
Tissue Distribution: Cerebellum, smooth muscle, stomach, colon, and testis.
Cellular distribution: Endoplasmic reticulum, mitochondrion, and plasma membrane.
- REEP1 is required for endoplasmic reticulum formation, shaping and remodeling by linking endoplasmic reticulum tubules to the cytoskeleton. REEP1 may also enhance the cell surface expression of odorant receptors.
- REEP1 interacts with SPAST, ALT1, microtubules, odorant receptors, and ZFYVE27.
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Mitochondrial Function, Neuroscience
- Antigen References
- Carl M Hurt, et al. 2014. Brain Res. 2014 1545: 12–22
- Pengli Zheng, et al. 2018. Cell Res. 28(8): 833–854.
- Lavie J, et al. 2017. Hum Mol Genet. 15;26(4):674-685.
- Youngshin Lim, et al. 2015. Ann Neurol. 78(5): 679–696.
- Gene ID
- 65055 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about REEP1 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.