- OX-49 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Pgp-1, H-CAM, CD44s
- Mouse IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
|203901||25 µg||65 CHF|
CD44 is an 80-95 kD cell surface glycoprotein. It is expressed on all leukocytes, endothelial cells, hepatocytes, and mesenchymal cells. It is up-regulated when T cells and B cells are activated. It was reported that CD44 is a valuable marker for memory T cells. CD44 is an adhesion molecule involved in leukocyte adhesion and homing to lymphoid organs. The OX-49 antibody reacts with CD44H (known as CD44s) expressed on most leukocytes, except for a subset of B lymphocytes. The epitope recognized by OX-49 antibody has been mapped to a region on both the standard, CD44s, and the splice variant, CD44v, isoforms of CD44. However it was reported that OX-49 antibody cannot detect the CD44V isoform, possibly due to conformational changes in the epitope.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Rat T blasts from mixed lymphocyte reactions
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
FC - Quality tested
IHC, IP - Reported in the literature, not verified in house
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤ 1.0 µg per 106 cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Paterson DJ, et al. 1987. Mol Immunol. 24(12):1281
- Product Citations
AB_1659203 (BioLegend Cat. No. 203901)
- A 80-95 kD cell surface glycoprotein
- Expressed on most leukocytes. It is up-regulated when T cells and B cells are activated.
- Involve in leukocyte adhesion and homing to lymphoid organs.
- Cell Type
- Leukocytes, T cells, B cells
- Biology Area
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Arch R, et al. 1992. Science 257 (5070):682
2. Mitnacht R, et al. 1995. Eur. J. Immunol. 25(2):328
3. Zheng Z, et al. 1995. J Cell Bio. 130(2):485
4. Westermann J, et al. 1994. Eur. J. Immunol. 24(10):2312
- Gene ID
- 12505 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD44H on UniProt.org
Related Pages & Pathways
Other FormatsView All CD44H Reagents Request Custom Conjugation
|Alexa Fluor® 647 anti-rat CD44H (Pgp-1, H-CAM)||OX-49||FC|
|Purified anti-rat CD44H (Pgp-1, H-CAM)||OX-49||FC,IHC,IP|
|FITC anti-rat CD44H (Pgp-1, H-CAM)||OX-49||FC|
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.