- A15165D (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- PARK2, AR-JP, LPRS2, PDJ, PRKN, E3 ubiquitin-protein ligase parkin, Parkin 2, E3 ubiquitin ligase, parkinson disease protein 2, parkinson juvenile disease protein 2, Parkinson disease (autosomal recessive, juvenile) 2
- Mouse IgG2b, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
|870501||25 µg||99 CHF|
|870502||100 µg||259 CHF|
Parkin (also known as PARK2, AR-JP, PRKN) is a protein encoded by the PARK2 gene in humans. It is a component of the E3 ubiquitin ligase complex that mediates the targeting of proteins for degradation. Mutations in the PARK2 gene cause a familial form of Parkinson’s disease called autosomal recessive juvenile parkinsonism (AR-JP).Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Recombinant full-length human Parkin protein
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/mL
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
IHC-P - Verified
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by western blotting. For western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 2.0 - 10 µg/mL. For immunohistochemistry on formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded tissue sections, a concentration of 10 µg/mL is suggested. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Product Citations
AB_2820194 (BioLegend Cat. No. 870501)
AB_2820195 (BioLegend Cat. No. 870502)
- Human parkin is a 465 amino acid protein with a predicted molecular mass of ~52 kD.
Tissue distribution: Brain, heart, testis, and skeletal muscle
Cellular distribution: Cytosol, mitochondria, nucleus, and endoplasmic reticulum
- Parkin is involved in protein ubiquitination, protein degradation, mitochondria function, and neurodegeneration.
- Ubiquitin, PINK1
- BCL2, SYT11, CCNE1, GPR37, RHOT1/MIRO1, MFN1
- Cell Type
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Mitochondrial Function, Neurodegeneration, Neuroinflammation, Neuroscience, Neuroscience Cell Markers, Protein Misfolding and Aggregation, Protein Trafficking and Clearance, Ubiquitin/Protein Degradation
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
- Tay SP, et al. 2010. J Biol Chem. 285:29231-8.
- Pawlyk AC, et al. 2003. J Biol Chem. 278:48120-8
- Gene ID
- 5071 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about Parkin on UniProt.org
|Purified anti-Parkin||A15165D||WB, IHC-P|
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.