- MK34 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Lymphocyte antigen 6K, Ly-6K, mLy-6K
- Rat IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
|151302||100 µg||225 CHF|
Lymphocyte antigen 6K (Ly6K) is a 17 kD GPI-anchored membrane protein expressed by testicular germ cells. Ly6K associates with TEX101 and may have a role in spermatogenesis. It is also expressed in some cancer cell types; a recent study also demonstrated its expression in plasma cells. A soluble 12 kD form of Ly6K has been reported.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Mouse testicular homogenate.
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
FC - Quality tested
IHC-P - Validated
IHC-F, IP, WB - Reported in the literature
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤1.0 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume. For immunohistochemical staining on formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded tissue sections, a concentration range of 1.0 - 10 µg/ml is suggested. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunohistochemical staining on frozen tissue sections1, western blotting1, and immunoprecipitation1.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Maruyama M, et al. 2010. Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 402:75. (IHC-F, IP, WB)
AB_2616648 (BioLegend Cat. No. 151302)
- GPI-anchored membrane protein of 17 kD, soluble protein of 12 kD.
- Testicular germ cells, some cancer cell types, and plasma cells.
- Possible role in spermatogenesis.
- Cell Type
- Plasma cells, B cells
- Biology Area
- Cancer Biomarkers, Cell Biology, Immunology
- Antigen References
1. Fujihara Y, et al. 2014. Biol. Reprod. 90:60.
2. von Allmen CE, et al. 2008. Mol. Immunol. 45:2727.
3. Yoshitake H, et al. 2008. Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 372:277.
4. de Nooij-van Dalen AG, et al. 2003. Int. J. Cancer 103:768.
- Gene ID
- 76486 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about Ly6K on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.