- IM7 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Hermes, Pgp-1, H-CAM, HUTCH-1, ECMR III, gp85, Ly-24
- Rat IgG2b, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
|103051||100 µg||106 CHF|
CD44 is a 80-95 kD glycoprotein also known as Hermes, Pgp1, H-CAM, or HUTCH. It is expressed on all leukocytes, endothelial cells, hepatocytes, and mesenchymal cells. As B and T cells become activated or progress to the memory stage, CD44 expression increases from low or mid levels to high levels. Thus, CD44 has been reported to be a valuable marker for memory cell subsets. High CD44 expression on Treg cells has been associated with potent suppressive function via high production of IL-10. CD44 is an adhesion molecule involved in leukocyte attachment to and rolling on endothelial cells, homing to peripheral lymphoid organs and to the sites of inflammation, and leukocyte aggregation.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Mouse, Human
- Reported Reactivity
- Chimpanzee, Baboon, Cynomolgus, Rhesus, Squirrel Monkey, Horse, Cow, Pig, Dog, Cat
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Dexamethasone-induced myeloid leukemia M1 cells
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and EDTA.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 1.0 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
FC - Quality tested
CyTOF® - Verified
- Recommended Usage
This product is suitable for use with the Maxpar® Metal Labeling Kits. For metal labeling using Maxpar® Ready antibodies, proceed directly to the step to Partially Reduce the Antibody by adding 100 µl of Maxpar® Ready antibody to 100 µl of 4 mM TCEP-R in a 50 kDa filter and continue with the protocol. Always refer to the latest version of Maxpar® User Guide when conjugating Maxpar® Ready antibodies.
- Application Notes
Clone IM7 has been reported to recognize an epitope common to alloantigens and all isoforms of CD4417,18 that is located between amino acids 145 and 18620. This clone has been verified for immunocytochemistry (ICC) and frozen immunohistochemistry (IHC-F). Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunohistochemistry of acetone-fixed frozen sections and formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded sections6,7, complement-mediated cytotoxicity1, immunoprecipitation1,3, in vivo inhibition of DTH4,5, and spatial biology (IBEX)23,24. The Ultra-LEAF™ purified antibody (Endotoxin < 0.01 EU/µg, Azide-Free, 0.2 µm filtered) is recommended for functional assays (Cat. No. 103046, 103065 - 103069).
Cross-reactivity to ferret has been reported by a collaborator, but not verified in house.
- Additional Product Notes
Maxpar® is a registered trademark of Standard BioTools Inc.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Trowbridge IS, et al. 1982. Immunogenetics 15:299. (ICFC, IP, CMCD)
- Katoh S, et al. 1994. J. Immunol. 153:3440. (ELISA)
- Budd RC, et al. 1987. J. Immunol. 138:3120. (IP)
- Camp RL, et al. 1993. J. Exp. Med. 178:497. (Block)
- Weiss JM, et al. 1997. J. Cell Biol. 137:1137. (Block)
- Frank NY, et al. 2005. Cancer Res. 65:4320. (IHC) PubMed
- Cuff CA, et al. 2001. J. Clin. Invest. 108:1031. (IHC)
- Lee JW, et al. 2006. Nature Immunol. 8:181.
- Zhang N, et al. 2005. J. Immunol. 174:6967. PubMed
- Huabiao C, et al. 2005. J. Immunol. 175:591. PubMed
- Gui J, et al. 2007. Int. Immunol. 19:1201. PubMed
- Wang XY, et al. 2008. Blood 111:2436. PubMed
- Kenna TJ, et al. 2008. Blood 111:2091. PubMed
- Yamazaki J, et al. 2009. Blood PubMed
- Kmieciak M, et al. 2009. J. Transl. Med. 7:89. (FC) PubMed
- Chen YW, et al. 2010. Mol. Cancer Ther. 9:2879. PubMed
- Zheng Z, et al. 1995. J. Cell. Biol. 130:485.
- Wiranowska M, et al. 2010. Int. J. Cancer 127:532.
- Hirokawa Y, et al. 2014. Am J Physiol Gastrointerest Liver Physiol. 306:547. PubMed
- Sandmaier BM, et al. 1998. Blood 91:3494.
- Yang Y, et al. 2015. Hypertension. 65:1047. PubMed
- Peterson VM, et al. 2017. Nat. Biotechnol. 35:936. (PG)
- Radtke AJ, et al. 2020. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 117:33455-65. (SB) PubMed
- Radtke AJ, et al. 2022. Nat Protoc. 17:378-401. (SB) PubMed
- Product Citations
AB_2562799 (BioLegend Cat. No. 103051)
- Variable splicing of CD44 gene generates many CD44 isoforms, 80-95 kD
All leukocytes, epithelial cells, endothelial cells, hepatocytes, mesenchymal cells
- Leukocyte attachment and rolling on endothelial cells, stromal cells and ECM
- Hyaluronan, MIP-1β, fibronectin, collagen
- Cell Type
- B cells, Endothelial cells, Epithelial cells, Leukocytes, Mesenchymal cells, Mesenchymal Stem Cells, Tregs
- Biology Area
- Cell Adhesion, Cell Biology, Immunology, Stem Cells
- Molecular Family
- Adhesion Molecules, CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Barclay AN, et al. 1997. The Leukocyte Antigen FactsBook Academic Press.
2. Haynes BF, et al. 1991. Cancer Cells 3:347.
3. Goldstein LA, et al. 1989. Cell 56:1063.
4. Mikecz K, et al. 1995. Nat. Med. 1:558.
5. Hegde V, et al. 2008. J. Leukocyte Biol. 84:134.
6. Liu T, et al. 2009. Biol. Direct 4:40.
- Gene ID
- 12505 View all products for this Gene ID 960 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD44 on UniProt.org
Related Pages & Pathways
- Can I obtain CyTOF data related to your Maxpar® Ready antibody clones?
We do not test our antibodies by mass cytometry or on a CyTOF machine in-house. The data displayed on our website is provided by Fluidigm®. Please contact Fluidigm® directly for additional data and further details.
- Can I use Maxpar® Ready format clones for flow cytometry staining?
We have not tested the Maxpar® Ready antibodies formulated in solution containing EDTA for flow cytometry staining. While it is likely that this will work in majority of the situations, it is best to use the non-EDTA formulated version of the same clone for flow cytometry testing. The presence of EDTA in some situations might negatively affect staining.
- I am having difficulty observing a signal after conjugating a metal tag to your Maxpar® antibody. Please help troubleshoot.
We only supply the antibody and not test that in house. Please contact Fluidigm® directly for troubleshooting advice: http://techsupport.fluidigm.com/
- Is there a difference between buffer formulations related to Maxpar® Ready and purified format antibodies?
The Maxpar® Ready format antibody clones are formulated in Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and EDTA. The regular purified format clones are formulated in solution that does not contain any EDTA. Both formulations are however without any extra carrier proteins.
Other FormatsView All CD44 Reagents Request Custom Conjugation
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.
APC anti-mouse/human CD44
Biotin anti-mouse/human CD44
FITC anti-mouse/human CD44
PE/Cyanine5 anti-mouse/human CD44
Purified anti-mouse/human CD44
Brilliant Violet 605™ anti-mouse/human CD44
PE anti-mouse/human CD44
Alexa Fluor® 488 anti-mouse/human CD44
Alexa Fluor® 647 anti-mouse/human CD44
Pacific Blue™ anti-mouse/human CD44
Alexa Fluor® 700 anti-mouse/human CD44
PE/Cyanine7 anti-mouse/human CD44
APC/Cyanine7 anti-mouse/human CD44
PerCP/Cyanine5.5 anti-mouse/human CD44
PerCP anti-mouse/human CD44
Brilliant Violet 421™ anti-mouse/human CD44
Brilliant Violet 570™ anti-mouse/human CD44
Brilliant Violet 785™ anti-mouse/human CD44
Brilliant Violet 510™ anti-mouse/human CD44
Ultra-LEAF™ Purified anti-mouse/human CD44
Brilliant Violet 650™ anti-mouse/human CD44
Purified anti-mouse/human CD44 (Maxpar® Ready)
Alexa Fluor® 594 anti-mouse/human CD44
PE/Dazzle™ 594 anti-mouse/human CD44
Brilliant Violet 711™ anti-mouse/human CD44
APC/Fire™ 750 anti-mouse/human CD44
TotalSeq™-A0073 anti-mouse/human CD44
TotalSeq™-C0073 anti-mouse/human CD44
TotalSeq™-B0073 anti-mouse/human CD44
Spark YG™ 570 anti-mouse/human CD44
Spark YG™ 593 anti-mouse/human CD44
TotalSeq™-D0073 anti-mouse/human CD44