- 927 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- BST2, tetherin, HM1.2 antigen, bone marrow stromal antigen 2, PDCA-1
- Rat IgG2b, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
|127002||100 µg||125,00 CHF|
CD317, known as BST2, tetherin, HM1.2 antigen, bone marrow stromal antigen 2, or PDCA-1, is type II transmembrane glycoprotein with a molecular mass of 29-33 kD. It is predominantly expressed on Type I IFN-producing cells (IPCs) in naïve mice, but is up-regulated on most cell types following stimulation with type I IFNs and IFN-gamma. It is highly expressed on terminally differentiated normal plasmacytoid dendritic cells and some tumor cells, such as multiple myeloma, renal cell carcinoma, and melanoma cells. BST2 is a recently identified, IFN-induced cellular response factor that blocks release of HIV-1 and other retroviruses from infected cells. BST2 has been found to be the natural ligand of ILT7 in human model.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Mouse plasmacytoid dendritic cells (DCs)
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
FC - Quality tested
ICC, FA, Depletion - Reported in the literature, not verified in house
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤ 1.0 µg per 106 cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunofluorescence microscopy, functional assay2, and depletion3,4. The Ultra-LEAF™ purified antibody (Endotoxin <0.01 EU/µg, Azide-Free, 0.2 µm filtered) is recommended for functional assays.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Blasius AL, et al. 2006. J. Immunol. 177:3260.
- Schliemann C, et al. 2010. Blood 115:736. (FA, IF)
- Rajagopal D, et al. 2010. Blood 115:1949. (Depletion)
- Moniz RJ, et al. 2010. FEMS Immunol. Med. Microbiol. 58:397. (Depletion)
- Chen YL, et al. 2013. J Exp Med. 210:2515. PubMed
- Product Citations
AB_1953281 (BioLegend Cat. No. 127002)
- Type II transmembrane glycoprotein with a molecular mass of 29-33 kD.
Expressed on type I IFN-producing cells, plasmacytoid dendritic cells, and neoplastic B cells, such as multiple myeloma.
- Recently identified antiviral protein that blocks the release of nascent retrovirus or other particles from infected cells.
- Cell Type
- Dendritic cells
- Biology Area
- Costimulatory Molecules, Immunology, Innate Immunity
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Douglas JL. et al. 2009. J Virol. 83(16):7931
2. Cao W et al. 2009. J. Exp. Med. 206(7):1603
3. Neil SJ. et al. 2008. Nature 451:425
- Gene ID
- 69550 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD317 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.