- 14B2C16 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Interferon regulatory factor 6, IRF-6
- Mouse IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
|674502||100 µg||225 CHF|
IRF6 is a member of the IRF family of transcription factors, which are based on the presence of the conserved IRF tryptophan pentad repeat DNA-binding domain. Unlike other IRF transcription factors, IRF6 is not involved in the expression of interferon genes and doesn’t seem to be involved in innate immunity. Data suggests that IRF6 is necessary for appropriate epidermal differentiation and development. Mutations of IRF6 are associated with human craniofacial developmental defects such as cleft lip, palate, tooth agenesis, Van der Woude syndrome, and popliteal pterygium syndrome. IRF6-deficient mice display severe morphological defects in skin and limbs, and result in perinatal lethality as well.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Partial human IRF6 recombinant protein (92-223 a.a.) expressed in E. coli.
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
ICFC, ICC - Verified
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 0.5 - 2.5 µg per ml. For intracellular flow cytometry using our True-Phos™ Perm Buffer in Cell Suspensions Protocol, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤1.0 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume. For immunocytochemistry, a concentration range of 1.0 - 5.0 µg/ml is recommended. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Product Citations
AB_2565216 (BioLegend Cat. No. 674502)
- 467 amino acids with a predicted molecular weight of 53 kD and contains an IRF trytophan pentad repeat that is responsible for DNA binding.
Nucleus and cytoplasm.
- IRF6 is a transcriptional activator that regulates proliferation and differentiation of both epithelial cells and keratinocytes. IRF6 is required for normal epidermal development during embryogenesis.
- Interacts with SERPINB5.
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Transcription Factors
- Antigen References
1. Melath A, et al. 2013. Asian Pac. J. Cancer Prev. 14:6803.
2. Salahshourifar I, et al. 2012. Eur. J. Med. Genet. 55:389.
3. Blackburn J, et al. 2012. Dev. Biol. 365:61.
4. Botti E, et al. 2011. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 108:13710.
5. Restivo G, et al. 2011. EMBO 30:4571.
6. Fleming JA, et al. 2009. Mol. Cell Endocrinol. 299:252.
- Gene ID
- 3664 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about IRF6 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.