- W16228A (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Inhibitor of nuclear factor kappa-B kinase subunit alpha, I-kappa-B kinase alpha, IkBKA, IkappaB kinase, Conserved helix-loop-helix ubiquitous kinase, I-kappa-B kinase 1, Transcription factor 16 TCF-16
- Rat IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
|621401||25 µg||85 CHF|
|621402||100 µg||215 CHF|
The inhibitor of nuclear factor-κB kinase-α (IKKα), also known as CHUK, is a catalytic subunit of the IκB kinase (IKK) complex, which is involved in the regulation of the NF-κB signaling pathway. The IKK complex consists of one regulatory subunit (IKKγ/NEMO) and two catalytic subunits (IKKα and IKKβ). Upon activation by external stimuli or pathogen infection, the IKK complex is responsible for the phosphorylation and proteasomal degradation of IκB, followed by translocation of the NF-κB to the nucleus and activation of gene expression. In the noncanonical NF-κB signaling pathway, IKKα has been shown to phosphorylate NF-κB2 (p100), leads to the formation of p52/RelB dimer and activates target genes involved in the development of lymphoid organ, epidermis, and mammary gland. Ikkα deficient mice are perinatally lethal and show impaired development of limb, epidermis, and skin.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Human IKKα recombinant protein (546-745 a.a.) expressed in E. coli.
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 1:250-1:2500 diluted (0.2 – 2 µg/mL). It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
This clone does not work for IF microscopy application (in-house tested).
The antibody does not cross react with IKKβ based on sequence homology and immunogen sequence.
AB_2716192 (BioLegend Cat. No. 621401)
AB_2716193 (BioLegend Cat. No. 621402)
- 745 amino acids with a predicted molecular weight of 84.6 kD. Contains an N-terminal kinase domain.
- IKKα is a catalytic subunit of the IκB kinase (IKK) complex and is involved in the regulation of both canonical and noncanonical NF-κB signaling pathway.
- IKKα forms the IKK complex with IKKβ and IKKγ. Interacts with TRPC4AP, NALP2, ARRB1, ARRB2, TRPC4AP NLRC5, PIAS1, and MAP3K7.
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Signal Transduction
- Molecular Family
- Protein Kinases/Phosphatase
- Antigen References
1. Hinz M, et al. 2014. EMBO Rep. 15:46.
2. Liu F, et al. 2012. Immunol Rev. 246:239.
3. Shen RR, et al. 2011. Oncogene. 30:631.
4. Perkins ND. 2007. Nat Rev Mol Cell Biol. 8:49.
5. Ohazama A, et al. 2004. Dev Cell. 6:219.
6. Yamamoto Y, et al. 2003. Nature. 423:655.
- Gene ID
- 1147 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about IKKα on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.