- M-A251 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- IV A053
- Other Names
- IL-2 receptor α chain, Low affinity IL-2R, IL-2Rα chain
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
|356101||25 µg||50,00 CHF|
|356102||100 µg||110,00 CHF|
CD25 is a 55 kD type I transmembrane glycoprotein also known as low affinity IL-2 receptor α chain or Tac. It is expressed on progenitor lymphocytes, activated T and B cells, and activated monocytes/macrophages. CD25 is also expressed on a subset of non-stimulated CD4+ T cells termed T regulatory cells. Soluble CD25/IL-2Rα is produced as a consequence of lymphocyte stimulation and is found in biological fluids following inflammatory responses. CD25 associates with IL-2 receptor β (CD122) and common γ (CD132) chains to form a high affinity IL-2R complex.Product Details
- Human, Cross-Reactivity: Baboon, Cynomolgus, Rhesus
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Human PHA-induced lymphocyte cells
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
FC - Quality tested
IHC-F - Reported in the literature, not verified in house
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤ 0.5 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunohistochemical staining of paraformaldehyde fixed frozen sections.1
The CD25 molecule reveals three epitope regions: A, B, and C. M-A251 antibody recognizes epitope region B. Unlike other CD25 antibody clones, M-A251 can detect CD25 after fixation with paraformaldehyde.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Li H and Pauza CD. 2015. Eur. J. Immunol. 45:298. (IHC)
- Product Citations
AB_2561751 (BioLegend Cat. No. 356101)
AB_2561752 (BioLegend Cat. No. 356102)
- Type I transmembrane glycoprotein, 55 kD; low-affinity IL-2 receptor α chain
Activated T and B cells, monocytes/macrophages, Tregs
- Associates with IL-2Rβ/CD122 and IL-2Rγ/CD132 receptor chains to form a high-affinity IL-2R complex
- Cell Type
- B cells, Macrophages, Monocytes, T cells, Tregs
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Immunology, Neuroscience, Neuroscience Cell Markers
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules, Cytokine/Chemokine Receptors
- Antigen References
1. Knapp W, et al. 1989. Leucocyte Typing IV: White Cell Differentiation Antigens. Oxford University Press.
2. Schlossman S, et al. 1995. Leucocyte Typing V: White Cell Differentiation Antigens. Oxford University Press.
3. Barclay N, et al. 1997. The Leukocyte Antigen FactsBook. Academic Press Inc.
4. Taniguchi T and Minami Y. et al. 1993. Cell 73:5.
5. Waldmann T. 1991. J. Biol. Chem. 266:2681.
- Gene ID
- 3559 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD25 on UniProt.org
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.