- 3F3/HDAC2 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Histone deacetylase 2, YY1-associated factor 1, transcriptional regulator homolog RPD3, YAF1
Covance Catalog# MMS-5072
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
|815201||100 µL||234 CHF|
HDAC2 is a member of class I histone deacetylase (HDACs) family, which modulates the chromatin structure by removing acetyl groups (deacetylation) from the side chain of lysine residues on the N-terminal region of core histones (H2A, H2B, H3 and H4). Generally, histone deacetylation gives a tag for epigenetic repression and plays an important role in transcriptional regulation, cell cycle progression and developmental events.
HDAC2 lacks DNA binding activity and executes its function by recruiting transcription factors and forming large transcriptional repressor complexes by associating with MAD, SIN3, YY1 and N-COR. HDAC2 also interacts in the late S-phase of DNA-replication with DNMT1 in transcriptional repressor complex composed of DNMT1, DMAP1, PCNA and CAF1.
In addition to histones, HDAC2 can deacetylate transcription factors and modify their transcriptional activity. HDAC2 has been shown to negatively regulate synaptic plasticity and memory formation. Elevated activity of HDAC2 has been known to associate with the loss of memory and neuronal degeneration.
- Human, Mouse, Rat, Drosophila
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- This monoclonal antibody was raised against a peptide sequence derived from the C-terminus of the human HDAC2 protein.
- Phosphate-buffered solution.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 1 mg/mL
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. Please note the storage condition for this antibody has been changed from -20°C to between 2°C and 8°C. You can also check your vial or your CoA to find the most accurate storage condition for this antibody.
IHC-P - Quality tested
WB - Verified
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded immunohistochemical staining. For immunohistochemistry, a concentration range of 5.0 - 10 µg/mL is suggested. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 1.0 - 10.0 µg/mL. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
Reactivity to Drosophila was only verified by western blot with the purified format.
- Product Citations
AB_2564790 (BioLegend Cat. No. 815201)
- 488 amino acids with a predicted molecular weight of 55.4 kD. It contains a histone deacetylase domain.
Widely expressed in many cell types; nucleus.
- HDAC2 is a histone deacetylase responsible for the deacetylation of Îµ-amino acid group of lysine residues on the N-terminal tail of core histones (H2A, H2B, H3, H4). HDAC2 forms complex with transcription factors and acts as a transcriptional co-repressor.
- Forms histone deacetylase complexes with HDAC1, RBBP4, and RBBP7. Interacts with GFI1, SNW1, HDAC7, PRDM6, SAP30, SETDB1, SUV39H1, H2AFY, ATR, CBFA2T3, BCL-6, DNMT1, MINT, HDAC10, HCFC1, NRIP1, KDM4A, TSHZ3 and PELP1.
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Chromatin Remodeling/Epigenetics, Neuroscience, Transcription Factors
- Antigen References
1. Winter M, et al. 2013. EMBO J. 32:3176.
2. Ma P, et al. 2013. PLoS Genet. 9:e1003377.
3. Kurita M, et al. 2012. Nat. Neurosci. 15:1245.
4. Segre CV, et al. 2011. J. Biomed. Biotechnol. 2011:690848.
5. Brunmeir R, et al. 2009. Int. J. Dev. Biol. 53:275.
6. Guan JS, et al. 2009. Nature 459:55.
- Gene ID
- 3066 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about HDAC2 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.