- 4B11B69 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- P44/42 MAP (motogen activated protein) Kinase, Extracelluar signal-regulated kinase (ERK)
- Mouse IgG2b, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
|675502||100 µg||250,00 CHF|
ERK1/2 are members of mitogen-activated kinases (MAPKs) of serine/threonine protein kinases. ERK1/2 can be activated by a range of extracellular stimuli, such as mitogen, growth factors, neurotransmitters, chemokines, and cytokines, through receptor tyrosine kinases (RTK), G protein-coupled receptors (GPCRs), or protein kinase C (PKC). Upon stimulation, ERK1/2 are phosphorylated by the upstream kinase MEK on residues Thr202 and Tyr204 and in turn phosphorylate many other downstream molecules that are involved in a range of cellular processes such as cell proliferation, differentiation, motility and cell death.Product Details
- Human, Mouse
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Synthetic peptide (TGFLT*EY*VATRC) conjugated to KLH.
- This antibody is provided in phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- Affinity purified.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- Upon receipt, store undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
ICC - Verified
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 0.1 - 1.0 µg per ml. For immunocytochemistry, a concentration of 1.0 μg/ml is recommended. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Product Citations
AB_2565604 (BioLegend Cat. No. 675502)
- Human ERK1 (MAPK3) and ERK2 (MAPK1) encode 43, 40, 38kD and 41, 36kD protein kinases, respectively. Mouse ERK1 (MAPK3) and ERK2 (MAPK1) encode 43kD and 41kD protein kinases, respectively. ERK1 and ERK2 share high homology.
- ERK1/2 are broadly expressed protein kinases that are involved in proliferation, differentiation, motility, and cell death. In response to extracellular stimuli, ERK1/2 are phosphorylated at Thr202 and Tyr204 and in turn transduce signals to downstream substrates.
- ERK1/2 phosphorylates a wide range of downstream substrates, such as ATF2, BCL6, EIF4EBP1, CANX, MAP2, DAPK1, RAF1, SYK, and GRB10.
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Neuroscience, Signal Transduction, Synaptic Biology
- Molecular Family
- Phospho-Proteins, Postsynaptic proteins, Protein Kinases/Phosphatase
- Antigen References
1. Futran AS, et al. 2013. Curr. Biol. 23:R972.
2. Mendoza MC, et al. 2011. Trends Biochem. Sci. 36:320.
3. Chambard JC, et al. 2007. Biochim. Biophys. Acta. 1773:1299.
4. Roux PP, et al. 2004. Microbiol. Mol. Biol. Rev. 68:320.
5. Torii S, et al. 2004. J. Biochem. 136:557.
6. Clark EA, et al. 1996. J. Biol. Chem. 271:14814.
- Gene ID
- 5594 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about ERK1/2 Phospho on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.