- W15184A (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- DNA (cytosine-5)-methyltransferase 3B, DNA methyltransferase 3 beta, DNA methyltransferase HsaIIIB
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
|695202||100 µg||235 CHF|
DNA (cytosine-5-)-methyltransferase 3 beta, also known as DNMT3B, is an enzyme responsible for establishing DNA methylation patterns. DNA methyltransferases in mammals are comprised of four family members: DNMT1, DNMT3A, DNMT3B, and DNMT3L. DNMT3B, as well as DNMT3A, act as de novo methyltransferases that modify unmethylated DNA, whereas DNMT1 functions in the maintenance of DNA methylation pattern. DNA methylation is a covalent modification that involves the transfer of a methyl group from S-adenosylmethionine to the 5’ cytosine residue at CpG dinucleotides of the genomic DNA. CpG methylation is usually associated with transcriptional repression and is required for embryonic development, imprinting, genomic stability, and X-chromosome inactivation. Defects in DNMT3B gene in human cause the immunodeficiency-centromeric instability-facial anomalies (ICF) syndrome.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Partial human DNMT3B recombinant protein (1-355 a.a.) expressed in E. coli.
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 0.1 - 1.0 µg per ml. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
Based on sequence homology, this antibody should recognize isoforms 1-6 of DNMT3B with MW ranging from 81kD to 96kD. However, according to the immunogen sequence, there is a possibility that the antibody might not recognize isoforms 7 and 8.
This clone is not recommended for ChIP (Chromatin Immunoprecipitation) assays (as determined by in-house testing).
AB_2650802 (BioLegend Cat. No. 695202)
- 853 amino acids (isoform 1) with a predicted molecular weight of 96 kD. Contains two zinc finger domains and a SAM-dependent methyltransferase domain.
- DNMT3B is a DNA methyltransferase that is responsible for the establishment of DNA methylation patterns.
- Interacts with BAZ2A/TIP5, SUV39H1, CBX4, UHRF1, DNMT1, DNMT3A, SETDB1, UBL1, UBE2I9, ZHX1, and the PRC2/EED-EZH2 complex.
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Chromatin Remodeling/Epigenetics, Neuroscience
- Antigen References
1. Plourde KV, et al. 2016. Epigenomics. 8:1209.
2. Duymich CE, et al. 2016. Nat. Commun. 7:11453.
3. Manoharan A, et al. 2015. Eur. J. Immunol. 45:2343.
4. Liao J, et al. 2015. Nat. Genet. 47:469.
5. Baubec T, et al. 2015. Nature. 520:243.
6. Pawlak M, et al. 2011. Genes Dev. 25:1035.
- Gene ID
- 1789 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about DNMT3B on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.