- VI-71 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- TEM1, Endosialin
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
|949901||25 µg||118 CHF|
|949902||100 µg||293 CHF|
CD248, or TEM1, is classified as a C-type lectin-like transmembrane glycoprotein localized in the plasma membrane. CD248 is expressed mainly during embryonic development. In normal human adults, its expression is retained in very low levels in endometrial stroma, bone marrow fibroblasts, and corpus luteum. In adults with cancer, CD248 can be found to be expressed in tumor stroma and endothelium. Fibronectin and collagen I/IV have been reported to be ligands of CD248. Through this interaction, tumor cells overexpressing CD248 have increased cellular migration and adhesive properties, which in turn may support tumor progression and invasion. Mac-2 BP/90K has also been identified as a CD248 ligand and data suggests that CD248-Mac2 BP/90K interactions may also play an important role during tumor progression and metastasis.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Synthetic peptide for human CD248
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/mL
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
ICC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunocytochemistry. For immunocytochemistry, a concentration range of 1 - 5 μg/mL is recommended. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
This clone is not suitable for WB.
This clone does not stain formalin-fixed paraffin- embedded tissue by IHC-IF.
AB_2910519 (BioLegend Cat. No. 949901)
AB_2910519 (BioLegend Cat. No. 949902)
- CD248 is a 757 amino acid protein with a predicted molecular weight of 81 kD.
- Embryonic development
- Fibronectin; collagen I/IV; Mac-2 BP/90K
- Biology Area
- Cell Adhesion, Cell Death, Cell Motility/Cytoskeleton/Structure, Cell Proliferation and Viability
- Antigen References
- Becker R, et al. 2008. FASEB J. 22:3059-67.
- MacFadyen JR, et al. 2005. FEBS Lett. 579:2569-75.
- Teicher B. 2019. Oncotarget. 10:993-1009.
- Tomkowicz B. et al. 2007. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 104:17965-70.
- Gene ID
- 57124 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD248 on UniProt.org
Related Pages & Pathways
Other FormatsView All CD248 Reagents Request Custom Conjugation
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.