- C219 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Multidrug resistance protein 3, P-glycoprotein 3, multiple drug resistance 3, ATP-binding cassette sub-family B member 4, P glycoprotein 3/multiple drug resistance 3
Signet Catalog# 8710-01
Covance Catalog# SIG-38710
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
|903701||1 mL||604 CHF|
Clone C219 recognizes an internal, highly conserved amino acid sequence (VQEALD & VQAALD) found in both MDR1 and MDR3 isoforms of P-glycoprotein. The specific binding of the clone C219 was stronger in epitope sequence VQAALD (N-Terminal fragment) than the epitope sequence VQEALD (C-terminal fragmant) (Georges E., et al., 1990). Analysis of p-glycoprotein expression in skeletal and cardiac muscle revealed that C219 cross reacts with a 200kDa protein that migrates in the same position as myosin. C219 has also been reported to detect the 185kDa c-erbB2 protein (Liu, et al., 1997). Care should be taken in the interpretation of true positive P-glycoprotein expression when using myosin-containing tissues or tissues known to have p185 c-erbB2 expression.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Human, Mouse, Rat, Dog, Primate
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- This antibody was made against SDS-solubilized plasma membranes of a multidrug resistant Chinese hamster ovary (CHO) cell line and a human cell line.
- Phosphate-buffered solution with BSA + 0.1% NaN3.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- Lot-specific (to obtain lot-specific concentration, please enter the lot number in our Concentration and Expiration Lookup or Certificate of Analysis online tools.)
- Storage & Handling
- Store between 2°C and 8°C.
IHC-P - Quality tested
WB - Verified
IHC-F, ICC, FC, WB, ELISA - Reported in the literature, not verified in house
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded immunohistochemical staining. For immunohistochemistry, a dilution range of 1:20 - 1:40 is suggested. For western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is a 1:100 dilution. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Hisano Y, et al. 2011. J. Biol. Chem. 286: 1758. (WB)
- Beck WT, et al. 1996. Cancer Res. 56:3010. (IHC-P, IHC-F, ICC, FC) PubMed
- Evans CH, Baker PD. 1992. Cancer Res. 52: 5893. (WB, FC)
- Toth K, et al. 1992. Am J Pathol. 140:1009. (IHC-P, ICC, WB)
- Finstad CL, et al. 1991. J Histochem Cytochem. 39:1603. (FC, WB, IHC-P
- Georges E, et al. 1990. PNAS. 87:152. (ELISA, IHC-P)
- Duan Z, et al. 2014. BMC Cancer. 14:681. (WB)
- Inui N, et al. 2012. J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci. 67:1049. (FC, IF)
- Erickson MA, et al. 2012. J Neuroinflammation. 9:150. (WB)
- Rao VV, et al. 1994. Cancer Res. 54:1536. (WB) PubMed
- Lee JJ, et al. 1996. Cancer. 77:1892. (IHC) PubMed
- Product Citations
AB_2565033 (BioLegend Cat. No. 903701)
- Biology Area
- Molecular Family
- Adhesion Molecules, CD Molecules
- Gene ID
- 5244 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD243/ABCB4 on UniProt.org
Related Pages & Pathways
Other FormatsView All CD243/ABCB4 Reagents Request Custom Conjugation
|Purified anti-CD243/ABCB4 (ABCB1, P-glycoprotein1/MDR3)||C219||IHC-P,WB,IHC-F,ICC,ELISA,FC|
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.