- O95C1 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Tubulin 5 β, Tubulin β-4 chain
- Mouse IgG2b
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
|605101||25 µg||85,00 CHF|
|605102||100 µg||215,00 CHF|
Eukaryotic microtubules are tubular polymers of tubulin that are a major component of the cytoskeleton. They play an essential role in diverse cellular functions, including migration, mitosis, and trafficking, and are also critical for normal development. β- and α-tubulins comprise the two core protein families that heterodimerize and assemble into each microtubule filament. There are multiple β- and α-tubulins isotypes, with each showing unique tumoral and tissue-specific distribution. TUBB4A is a β–tubulin primarily expressed in nervous tissue and moderate expression in testis. Mutations in TUBB4A cause hypermyelinating leukodystrophy-6 and autosomal dominant torsion dystonia -4.Product Details
- Mouse, Human
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Full length protein expressed in HEK293T cells transfected with human TUBB4 expression vector.
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 0.1 - 1.0 µg per ml (1:500-1:5000 dilution). It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
Because of complete sequence homology, this clone is also predicted to recognize TUBB4A in higher eukaryotes, including rat, monkey, pig, bovine, and canine. This clone was generated using full-length recombinant TUBB4A as an immunogen. However, due to high sequence homology, this clone may also recognize other members of the ß-Tubulin family, notably TUBB2A, TUBB3, TUBB4B, and TUBB8. Because these ß-Tubulins have a similar molecular weight as TUBB4A, we do not recommend using this antibody as a TUBB4A-specific antibody. This clone was generated using a more defined immunogen (recombinant TUBB4A) than our existing ß-Tubulin clone, TU27/Tubulin (Cat. No. 903401), which was generated against taxol-assembled microtubules (mixed tubulins).
- Product Citations
AB_2728462 (BioLegend Cat. No. 605101)
AB_2728463 (BioLegend Cat. No. 605102)
- TUBB4A is a 444 amino acid protein with a predicted molecular weight of 49.58 kD.
β-Tubulins are ubiquitously expressed, with TUBB4A showing highest expression levels in brain and moderate expression in testis. TUBB4A shows low expression in other tissues.
- Cell migration, cell trafficking, mitosis, cilia and flagella motor dynamics.
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Cell Motility/Cytoskeleton/Structure, Neuroscience, Neuroscience Cell Markers
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
- Arai-Ichinoi N, et al. 2016. Hum. Genet. 135: 89.
- Romaniello R, et al. 2015. Brain Dev. 37: 273.
- Shimojima K, et al. 2015. Brain Dev. 37: 281.
- Pizzino A, et al. 2014. Neurology. 83: 898.
- Tamura D, et al. 2013. Cancer Med. 2: 144.
- Hersheson J, et al. 2013. Ann. Neurol. 73: 546.
- Gene ID
- 10382 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about beta-Tubulin on UniProt.org
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.