- 20.1 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- AAA, ABETA, ABPP, AD1, APPI, CTFgamma, CVAP, PN-II, PN2, Amyloid beta A4 protein, preA4, protease nexin-II, peptidase nexin-II, beta-amyloid peptide, alzheimer disease amyloid protein, cerebral vascular amyloid peptide, APP, Amyloid Precursor Protein
Signet Catalog# 9350-02
Signet Catalog# 9350-10
Covance Catalog# SIG-39350
- Mouse IgG2b
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
|806201||200 µL||455,00 CHF|
Amyloid beta (Aβ or Amyloid beta) denotes peptides of 36-43 amino acids in length that are crucially involved in Alzheimer's disease as the main component of the amyloid plaques found in the brains of Alzheimer patients. The peptides result from the amyloid precursor protein (APP), which is cut by certain enzymes to yield Aβ. Aβ molecules can aggregate to form oligomers (known as "seeds") which are believed to be able to induce other Aβ molecules to also take the misfolded oligomeric form, leading to a chain reaction akin to a prion infection. The seeds or the resulting amyloid plaques are toxic to nerve cells. The other protein implicated in Alzheimer's disease, tau protein, also forms such prion-like misfolded oligomers, and there is some evidence that misfolded Aβ can induce tau to misfold.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Phosphate-buffered solution (no preservatives or carrier proteins).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 1 mg/mL
- Storage & Handling
- Do not store antibody diluted below 50 µg/mL in the absence of protein (i.e. add 2% bovine serum albumin). The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. Please note the storage condition for this antibody has been changed from -20°C to between 2°C and 8°C. You can also check your vial or your CoA to find the most accurate storage condition for this antibody.
IHC-P - Quality Tested
Direct ELISA - Verified
WB - Reported in the literature, not verified in house
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded immunohistochemical staining. For immunohistochemistry, a concentration range of 1.0 - 5.0 µg/mL is suggested. For Direct ELISA applications, a concentration range of 0.15 - 0.5 µg/mL is recommended. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Vasilevko V, et al. 2007. J. Neurosci. 49:13376. (IHC-P)
- Davtyan H, et al. 2011. J. Transl. Med. 9:127. (WB)
- Product Citations
AB_2564700 (BioLegend Cat. No. 806201)
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Neurodegeneration, Neuroscience, Protein Misfolding and Aggregation
- Molecular Family
- Gene ID
- 351 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about beta-Amyloid, 1-10 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.