- AU5 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- AU5 epitope tag, TDFYLK epitope tag, TDFYLK tag
Covance Catalog# MMS-135P
- Mouse IgG1
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
|902007||25 µL||75,00 CHF|
|902002||500 µL||474,00 CHF|
The AU5 tag, which consists of the peptide sequence TDFYLK, is often used as a protein modification in order to simplify the labeling and detection of proteins. This unique amino acid sequence allows for specific antibody detection in western blotting and other immunostaining techniques. Due to the short sequence, this modification is not likely to affect the structure or function of the modified proteins.Product Details
- TDFYLK Tag
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- The AU5 monoclonal antibody was raised against an SDS-disrupted BPV-1 preparation and mapped to the six amino acid epitope TDFYLK.
- Phosphate-buffered solution + 0.03% Thimerosal.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 1 mg/mL
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. Please note the storage condition for this antibody has been changed from -20°C to between 2°C and 8°C. You can also check your vial or your CoA to find the most accurate storage condition for this antibody.
WB, ICC, IP, Purification
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting.
The optimal working dilution should be determined for each specific assay condition.
• WB: 1:500*
• ICC: 1:500
• IP: 1:150
- Application Notes
This antibody is effective in immunofluorescence (IF), immunoblotting, and immunoprecipitation (IP) of tagged proteins.
This clone was specifically designed for use in epitope tagging. Because of its small size, clone AU5 is unlikely to alter the activity of the cloned sequence. This antibody was purified using protein-G chromatography.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Burke TW, et al. 2001. J Biol Chem. 276:15397.
- Marinissen MJ, et al. 2001. Genes Dev. 15:535.
- Lim PS, et al. 1990. J Infect Dis. 162:1263.
- Product Citations
AB_2734668 (BioLegend Cat. No. 902007)
AB_2565015 (BioLegend Cat. No. 902002)
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology
- Gene ID
- View information about AU5 on UniProt.org
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.