- 1329CT523.140.120 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Crystallin Alpha B, alpha-crystallin B chain, CRYAB, Heat Shock Protein Beta-5, HspB5, Renal Carcinoma Antigen NY-REN-27
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
|948101||25 µg||118 CHF|
|948102||100 µg||293 CHF|
Alpha B Crystallin (CryAB) is a member of the small heat shock protein (HSP20) family. Alpha crystallins are composed of two gene products: alpha-A and alpha-B, for acidic and basic, respectively. Alpha-A is preferentially restricted to the lens and alpha-B is expressed widely in many tissues and organs. CryAB can be induced by heat shock, ischemia and oxidation. The protein is known to protect cells from stress damage. It may also play an important role in the Golgi reorganization during cell division. CryAB is also known to be associated with a number of neurodegenerative diseases such as Alzheimer’s disease and has been implicated in breast tumors of patients with shorter survival, suggesting that it may be a useful marker in identifying aggressive breast cancer.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Human, Mouse, Rat
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Partial recombinant human alpha β crystallin protein
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/mL
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
IHC-P - Verified
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by western blotting. For western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 0.5 - 1.0 µg/mL. For immunohistochemistry on formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded tissue sections, a concentration range of 2.5 - 10.0 µg/ml is suggested. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
This clone recognizes alpha β crystallin proteins at 21 kD in human, mouse, and rat brain lysates. An extra band at 15 kD is observed in the human brain lysates.
AB_2904461 (BioLegend Cat. No. 948101)
AB_2904461 (BioLegend Cat. No. 948102)
- Alpha β crystallin is a 175 amino acid protein with a predicted molecular weight of 21 kD.
Ubiquitously expressed /Cytosol
- Has chaperone-like activity
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Cell Motility/Cytoskeleton/Structure, Neuroscience, Neuroscience Cell Markers
- Antigen References
- Erin-Mai FL, et al. 2021. J Neuroinflammation. 18:82.
- Zhihui Z and Georg R. 2018. Neurochem Int. 115:69-79.
- Raman B, et al. 2015. BioChim Biophys Acta. 1854:291-319.
- Julie A, et al. 2012. Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 44:1622-31.
- Gene ID
- 1410 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about Alpha beta Crystallin on UniProt.org
|Purified anti-Alpha β Crystallin||1329CT523.140.120||WB,IHC-P|
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.