- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- protein ladder, protein marker, pre-stained protein ladder, pre-stained protein marker, protein molecular weight marker
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
|773301||50 µL||30,00 CHF|
|773302||500 µL||105,00 CHF|
The Prime-Step™ Prestained Broad Range Protein Ladder is a three-color protein standard with 10 pre-stained proteins covering a wide range of molecular weights from 6.5 to 270 kDa. It has 7 blue-stained bands and 3 reference bands (2 orange bands at 30 kDa and 270 kDa and 1 green band at 52 kDa) when separated on Tris-glycine gel. The Prime-Step™ Prestained Broad Range Protein Ladder is designed for monitoring protein separation during SDS-PAGE electrophoresis, confirming Western blot transfer quality on membranes (PVDF or nitrocellulose membrane) and for approximating the size of target proteins on the gel or blot.
Key Product Features
- Clear separation and sharp bands in different SDS-PAGE gel and buffer systems
- Excellent transfer efficiency on PVDF and Nitrocellulose membrane for WB
- Suitable for size detection during protein purification
- Comparable MW detection with competitor’s protein ladders
- Better performance for high molecular weight proteins
- Supplied in the sample loading buffer and is ready to use
- Sample loading buffer (62.5 mM Tris-H3PO4 (pH 7.5 at 25°C), 1 mM EDTA, 2% SDS, 10 mM DTT, 1 mM NaN3, 33% glycerol).
- Chromophore conjugated recombinant protein mixture supplied in sample loading buffer.
- Storage & Handling
- Upon receipt, store at -20°C.
WB - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
• 3-5 μl per loading for clear visualization during electrophoresis on 15-well mini-gel or 20-well midi-gel, respectively.
• 3-5 μl per well for general Western transferring.
The ladder is supplied in the sample loading buffer and is ready to use.
- Application Notes
The apparent molecular weight (kDa) of each protein has been determined by calibration against unstained protein standards.
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology
- Gene ID