- 11B11 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Interleukin-4, Ia inducing factor (IaIF), B cell stimulating factor-1 (BSF-1), Hodgkin's cell growth factor (HCGF), Mast cell growth factor-2 (MCGF-2), Macrophage fusion factor (MFF), T cell growth factor-2 (TCGF-2)
- Rat IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
|504123||25 µg||110,00 CHF|
|504124||100 µg||285,00 CHF|
IL-4 is a pleiotropic cytokine produced by activated T cells, mast cells, and basophils. IL-4 is a potent lymphoid cell growth factor which stimulates the growth and activation of certain B cells and T cells. IL-4 is important for regulation of T helper subset development.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Partially purified native mouse IL-4
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with PerCP/Cyanine5.5 under optimal conditions.
- 0.2 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
ICFC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by intracellular immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is =0.25 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
* PerCP/Cyanine5.5 has a maximum absorption of 482 nm and a maximum emission of 690 nm.
- Application Notes
ELISA1,2,10,13 or ELISPOT5 Capture: The purified 11B11 antibody is useful as the capture antibody in a sandwich ELISA or ELISPOT assay, when used in conjunction with the biotinylated BVD6-24G2 antibody (Cat. No. 504202) as the detecting antibody and recombinant mouse IL-4 (Cat. No. 575609) as the standard. The LEAF™ purified antibody is suggested for ELISPOT capture.
Neutralization1-2,9,12: The 11B11 antibody can neutralize the bioactivity of natural or recombinant IL-4. The LEAF™ purified antibody (Endotoxin <0.1 EU/µg, Azide-Free, 0.2 µm filtered) is recommended for neutralization of mouse IL-4 bioactivity in vivo and in vitro (Cat. No. 504108).
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunoprecipitation16, immunohistochemical staining of formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded tissue sections8 and paraformaldehyde-fixed, saponin-treated frozen tissue sections6,7, and immunocytochemistry4.
Note: For testing mouse IL-4 in serum, plasma or supernatant, BioLegend's ELISA Max™ Sets (Cat. No. 431101 to 431106) are specially developed and recommended.
- Additional Product Notes
- BioLegend is in the process of converting the name PerCP/Cy5.5 to PerCP/Cyanine5.5. The dye molecule remains the same, so you should expect the same quality and performance from our PerCP/Cyanine5.5 products. Contact Technical Service if you have any questions.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Shirai A, et al. 1994. Cytokine 6:329. (ELISA, Neut)
- Abrams J. 1995. Curr. Prot. Immunol. John Wiley and Sons New York. Unit 6.20. (ELISA, Neut)
- Assenmacher M, et al. 1994. Eur. J. Immunol. 24:1097.
- Openshaw P, et al. 1995. J. Exp. Med. 182:1357. (ICC)
- Klinman D, et al. 1994. Curr. Prot. Immunol. John Wiley and Sons New York. Unit 6.19. (ELISA Capture)
- Litton M, et al. 1994. J. Immunol. Methods 175:47. (IHC)
- Andersson U, et al. 1999. Detection and quantification of gene expression. New York:Springer-Verlag. (IHC)
- Fan WY, et al. 2001. Exp. Biol. Med. 226:1045. (IHC)
- Hara M, et al. 2001. J. Immunol. 166:3789. (Neut)
- Dzhagalov I, et al. 2007. J. Immunol. 178:2113. (ELISA)
- Lawson BR, et al. 2007. J. Immunol. 178:5366.
- Wang W, et al. 2007. J. Immunol. 178:4885. (Neut)
- Xu G, et al. 2007. J. Immunol. 179:5358. (ELISA) PubMed
- Ohnmacht C, et al. 2008. Blood 113:2816. PubMed
- Charles N, et al. 2010. Nat. Med. 16:701. (FC) PubMed
- Zavorotinskaya T, et al. 2003. Mol. Ther. 7:155. (IP)
- Product Citations
AB_2561564 (BioLegend Cat. No. 504123)
AB_2561565 (BioLegend Cat. No. 504124)
- Cytokine; 15-19 kD (Mammalian)
- Differentiation of naïve CD4+ T cells to the TH2 type, proliferation/differentiation of activated B cells, expression of class II MHC antigens, and of low affinity IgE receptors in resting B cells
- Cell Sources
- Mast cells, T cells, bone marrow stromal cells
- Cell Targets
- B cells, T cells, monocytes, endothelial cells, fibroblasts
- Heterodimer IL-4Rα (CD124); γ-subunit (CD132) in common with IL-2R, IL-7R, IL-13R, IL-15R
- Cell Type
- Biology Area
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
1. Fitzgerald K, et al. Eds. 2001. The Cytokine FactsBook. Academic Press San Diego.
2. Boulay J, et al. 1992. Curr. Opin. Immunol. 4:294.
3. Dullens H, et al. 1991. In vivo 5:567.
4. Paul W. 1991. Blood 77:1859.
- Upregulated by IL-2, platelet activating factor; downregulated by TGF-β
- Gene ID
- 16189 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about IL-4 on UniProt.org
- How stable is PerCP/Cyanine5.5 tandem as compared to PerCP alone?
PerCP/Cyanine5.5 is quite photostable and also better than PerCP alone in withstanding fixation.
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.