- SE5A5 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- SIRPa, SIRPb, SIRPalpha/beta, BIT, SHPS1, MFR, P84, PTPNS1, CD172 antigen-like family member A, CD172 antigen-like family member B
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
|323811||25 tests||135,00 CHF|
|323812||100 tests||285,00 CHF|
CD172a, also known as signal-regulatory protein α (SIRPα), src homology 2 domain-containing phosphatase substrate-1 (SHPS1), PTPNS1, BIT, MFR, and P84, is a 75-110 kD transmembrane glycoprotein involved in receptor tyrosine kinase coupled signaling pathway. It belongs to the Ig superfamily and is primarily expressed on monocytes/macrophages, granulocytes, dendritic cells, and neurons. CD172a serves as a substrate of activated receptor tyrosine kinases (RTKs). The interaction of CD172a intracellular domain with SHP-1 and SHP-2 displays negative signaling in the regulation of leukocyte adhesion and transmigration, T cell activation, macrophage fusion, and phagocytosis. CD47 (IAP) is the extracellular ligand for CD172a. SIRPα was recently demonstrated to be a specifc marker for cardiomyocytes derived from human pluripotent stem cells2.Product Details
- Human, African Green, Baboon, Cynomolgus, Rhesus
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- NIH-3T3/hu-SIRPα cell line
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and 0.2% (w/v) BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with PerCP/Cyanine5.5 under optimal conditions.
- Lot-specific (please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per million cells in 100 µl staining volume or 5 µl per 100 µl of whole blood.
* PerCP/Cyanine5.5 has a maximum absorption of 482 nm and a maximum emission of 690 nm.
- Application Notes
Clone SE5A5 recognizes a common epitope on SIRPa (90 kD) and SIRPß (50 kD)3. A high degree of homology has been found between SIRP family isoforms alpha and beta at the level of extracellular domains. Consequently, many anti SIRP antibody clones, such as SE5A5, have been reported to cross react with several SIRP isoforms1,4,5. It reacts with CD172a and has weak cross-reaction with CD172b. This antibody is able to block the binding of SIRPa (SIRPa1 and SIRPa2) to CD471,6.
- Additional Product Notes
- BioLegend is in the process of converting the name PerCP/Cy5.5 to PerCP/Cyanine5.5. The dye molecule remains the same, so you should expect the same quality and performance from our PerCP/Cyanine5.5 products. Contact Technical Service if you have any questions.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Seiffert M, et al. 1999. Blood 94:3633.
- Dubois NC, et al. 2011. Nat. Biotechnol. 29:1011.
- Barros MM, et al. 2009. Transfusion 49:154.
- Liu Y, et al. 2005. J. Biol. Chem. 280:36132.
- Barclay AN. 2009. Curr. Opin. Immunol. 21:47.
- Florian S, et al. 2005. J. Leukoc. Biol. 77:984.
AB_11219405 (BioLegend Cat. No. 323811)
AB_11219000 (BioLegend Cat. No. 323812)
- 75-110 kD glycoprotein , signal-regulatorey-protein family, Ig superfamily
Monocytes/macrophages, granulocytes, dendritic cells, neurons, cardiomyocytes
- Negative regulation of leukocyte adhesion and transmigration, macrophage fusion, phagocytosis
- Cell Type
- Dendritic cells, Granulocytes, Macrophages, Monocytes, Neurons
- Biology Area
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Seiffert M, et al. 1999. Blood 94:3633.
2. Seiffert M, et al. 2001. Blood 97:2741.
3. Timms JF, et al. 1998. Mol. Cell Biol. 18:3838.
4. Barclay AN and Brown MH. 2006. Nat. Rev. Immnuol. 6:457.
- Gene ID
- 140885 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD172a/b on UniProt.org
- How stable is PerCP/Cyanine5.5 tandem as compared to PerCP alone?
PerCP/Cyanine5.5 is quite photostable and also better than PerCP alone in withstanding fixation.
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.