- 3A6 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- HCDM listed
- Other Names
- CD6 ligand, Activated Leukocyte Cell Adhesion Molecule (ALCAM)
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
|343907||25 tests||165 CHF|
|343908||100 tests||352 CHF|
CD166, also known as the CD6 ligand or the Activated Leukocyte Cell Adhesion Molecule (ALCAM), is a 100-105 kD transmembrane glycoprotein. It belongs to the Ig superfamily of proteins and expressed on activated T cells, activated monocytes, epithelial cells, fibroblasts, and neurons. CD166 plays an important role in mediating adhesion interactions between thymic epithelial cells and CD6+ cells during intrathymic T cell development. Recently CD166 has also been used as a potential cancer stem cell marker. The antibody reacts with human activated leukocyte cell adhesion molecule (ALCAM).Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Reported Reactivity
- African Green, Baboon, Cynomolgus, Rhesus
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Cultured human thymic epithelial cells
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and BSA (origin USA)
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with PerCP/Cyanine5.5 under optimal conditions.
- Lot-specific (to obtain lot-specific concentration, please enter the lot number in our Concentration and Expiration Lookup or Certificate of Analysis online tools.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per million cells in 100 µl staining volume or 5 µl per 100 µl of whole blood.
* PerCP/Cyanine5.5 has a maximum absorption of 482 nm and a maximum emission of 690 nm.
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunohistochemical staining of paraffin-embedded tissue sections and immunofluorescence.1
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Pretzel D, et al. 2011. Arthritis Res. Ther. 13:R64. (IHC, IF, FC)
AB_2814265 (BioLegend Cat. No. 343907)
AB_2814266 (BioLegend Cat. No. 343908)
- A type I transmembrane glycoprotein belonging to the Ig superfamily of proteins.
CD166 is expressed on activated T cells, activated monocytes, epithelial cells, fibroblasts, and neurons.
- Play an important role in mediating adhesion interactions between thymic epithelial cells and CD6+ cells during intrathymic T cell development.
- Cell Type
- Epithelial cells, Fibroblasts, Mesenchymal Stem Cells, Monocytes, Neurons, T cells
- Biology Area
- Immunology, Stem Cells
- Molecular Family
- Adhesion Molecules, CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Aruffo A, et al. 1997. Immunol Today. 18(10):498
2. Patel DD, et al. 1995. J. Exp. Med. 181:2213
3. Bowen MA, et al. 1995. J. Exp. Med. 181:1563
4. Horst D, et al. 2009. Cancer Invest. 22:1
- Gene ID
- 214 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD166 on UniProt.org
Related Pages & Pathways
- How stable is PerCP/Cyanine5.5 tandem as compared to PerCP alone?
PerCP/Cyanine5.5 is quite photostable and also better than PerCP alone in withstanding fixation.
Other FormatsView All CD166 Reagents Request Custom Conjugation
|Purified anti-human CD166||3A6||FC,IHC-P,ICC|
|PE anti-human CD166||3A6||FC|
|APC/Fire™ 750 anti-human CD166||3A6||FC|
|PE/Cyanine7 anti-human CD166||3A6||FC|
|PerCP/Cyanine5.5 anti-human CD166||3A6||FC|
|APC anti-human CD166||3A6||FC|
|TotalSeq™-A1015 anti-human CD166||3A6||PG|
|TotalSeq™-D1015 anti-human CD166 Antibody||3A6||PG|
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.