- NVG-2 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- LIMP, LAMP-3, gp55, melanoma-associated antigen, ME491
- Rat IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
|143909||25 µg||135 CHF|
|143910||100 µg||295 CHF|
CD63, also known as LIMP, LAMP-3, gp55, and melanoma-associated antigen (ME491), is a member of the tetraspanin superfamily (TM4SF) that constitutes a main component of the lysosomal membrane. It is expressed on activated platelets, monocyte/macrophages, endothelium, fibroblasts, osteoblasts, and smooth muscle cells. CD63 may be involved in platelet activation and is thought to function as a transmembrane adaptor protein. CD63 has been shown to associate with CD9, CD81, VLA-3, and VLA-6. In mice, there are two CD63 gene loci, of which only one is functional. CD63 deficient mice are viable, and there is no alteration in the population of immune cells. A recent report shows that CD63-deficient mice exhibit a significant reduction in both leukocyte rolling and recruitment in a peritonitis model.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Intestinal lamina propria light-density cells (enriched with eosinophils)
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with PE/Cyanine7 under optimal conditions.
- 0.2 mg/mL
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
ICFC - Quality tested
FC - Verified
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by intracellular immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For intracellular flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤ 0.5 µg per million cells in 100 µL volume. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤ 0.5 µg per million cells in 100 µL volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Excitation Laser
Blue Laser (488 nm)
Green Laser (532 nm)/Yellow-Green Laser (561 nm)
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: Western blotting1 and immunofluorescence1.
- Additional Product Notes
BioLegend is in the process of converting the name PE/Cy7 to PE/Cyanine7. The dye molecule remains the same, so you should expect the same quality and performance from our PE/Cyanine7 products. Please contact Technical Service if you have any questions.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Verjan Garcia N, et al. 2011. J. Immunol. 187:2268. (WB, IF)
- Product Citations
AB_2565499 (BioLegend Cat. No. 143909)
AB_2565500 (BioLegend Cat. No. 143910)
- Tetraspan transmembrane superfamily (TM4SF), type III lysosomal glycoprotein, 53 kD
Activated platelets, monocytes, macrophages, endothelium, fibroblasts, osteoclasts, and smooth muscle cells
- Platelet activation
- CD9, CD81, VLA-3, and VLA-6
- Cell Type
- Endothelial cells, Fibroblasts, Macrophages, Monocytes, Osteoclasts, Platelets
- Biology Area
- Immunology, Innate Immunity
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Azorsa DO, et al. 1991. Blood 78:280.
2. Kishimoto T, et al. 1997. Leukocyte Typing V1. Oxford University Press New York.
3. Hildreth JE, et al. 1991. Blood 77:121.
- Gene ID
- 12512 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD63 on UniProt.org
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.