- 53-7.3 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Lyt-1, Ly-1, T1, Tp67, Ly-12
- Rat IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
|100621||25 µg||115 CHF|
|100622||100 µg||275 CHF|
CD5 is a 67 kD protein, also known as Lyt-1, Ly-1, T1, Tp67, or Ly-12. It is a member of the scavenger receptor cysteine-rich protein superfamily (SRCR) and primarily expressed on thymocytes, T cells, and B-1 cells. Although mature α/β T cells express high levels of CD5, very few γ/δ T cells express this antigen. The interaction of CD5 with CD72, gp35-37, TCR, or BCR is involved in T and B cell activation.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Mouse thymus or spleen
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with PE/Cy7 under optimal conditions. The solution is free of unconjugated PE/Cy7 and unconjugated antibody.
- 0.2 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤0.25 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Excitation Laser
Blue Laser (488 nm)
Green Laser (532 nm)/Yellow-Green Laser (561 nm)
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunoprecipitation1, and immunohistochemistry2 of acetone-fixed frozen tissue sections, zinc-fixed paraffin-embedded sections and formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded sections.
- Additional Product Notes
- BioLegend is in the process of converting the name PE/Cy7 to PE/Cyanine7. The dye molecule remains the same, so you should expect the same quality and performance from our PE/Cyanine7 products. Please contact Technical Service if you have any questions.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Ledbetter JA, et al. 1979. Immunol. Rev. 47:63. (IP)
- Ledbetter JA, et al. 1980. J. Exp. Med. 152:280. (FC, IHC)
- Bourdeau A, et al. 2007. Blood doi:10.1182/blood-2006-08-044370.
- Product Citations
AB_2562772 (BioLegend Cat. No. 100621)
AB_2562773 (BioLegend Cat. No. 100622)
- Member of the scavenger receptor cysteine-rich protein superfamily (SRCR), 67 kD
Thymocytes, T cells, B-1 cells
- Negative regulator of T-B cell interaction
- CD72, gp35-37
- Cell Type
- B cells, T cells, Thymocytes
- Biology Area
- Costimulatory Molecules, Immunology
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Barclay A, et al. 1997. The Leukocyte Antigen FactsBook Academic Press.
2. Kipps TJ. 1988. Adv. Immunol. 47:117.
3. Antin JH, et al. 1985. J. Immunol. 136:505.
4. Tarakhovsky A, et al. 1995. Science 269:535.
- Gene ID
- 12507 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD5 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.