- 14G10A21 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Nuclear factor NF-kappa-B p65 subunit (NF-κB p65), Rel-A, transcription factor p65, Nuclear factor of kappa light polypeptide gene enhancer in B-cells 3 (NFKB3)
- Mouse IgG2b, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
|653003||25 tests||125 CHF|
|653004||100 tests||295 CHF|
NF-κB p65 is a member of REL-like domain containing protein family, which forms a NF-κB complex with the other family members: NF-κB1 (p105/p50) or NF-κB2 (p100/p52). The NF-κB complex is inactivated and held in the cytoplasm by the NF-κB inhibitor IκB. In response to activation stimuli, IκB kinases (IKKs) phosphorylates IκB, resulting in degradation of IκB and liberation of NF-κB complex. The activated NF-κB complex translocates to the nucleus and binds to κB sites in the DNA of their target genes.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Partial human NF-κB p65 recombinant protein (451-551 aa)
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and 0.2% (w/v) BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with PE under optimal conditions.
- Lot-specific (please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
ICFC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by intracellular immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per million cells in 100 µl staining volume or 5 µl per 100 µl of whole blood.
- Excitation Laser
Blue Laser (488 nm)
Green Laser (532 nm)/Yellow-Green Laser (561 nm)
- Application Notes
This clone is not recommended for ChIP (Chromatin Immunoprecipitation) assays (as determined by in-house testing).
AB_2562768 (BioLegend Cat. No. 653003)
AB_2562769 (BioLegend Cat. No. 653004)
- 65 kD protein containing a Rel homology domain (RHD), an activation domain, and a 9aaTAD domain.
The inactivated NF-κB complex containing p65 subunit is bound to IκB and is localized to cytoplasm. Upon activation, I-κB is phosphorylated and degraded. The activated NF-κB complex is in turn translocated to the nucleus as a transcription factor.
- NF-κB is a homodimeric or heterodimeric complex formed by the Rel-like domain-containing proteins. The most abundant form is p65 (RelA) - p50 (NF-κB1) heterodimer complex. The NF-κB complex is a ubiquitously expressed transcription factor which is involved in various biological functions, such as cell growth, tumorigenesis, differentiation, apoptosis, inflammation, and immune responses.
- Interacts with NF-κB1 (p105/p50) or NF-κB2 (p100/p52) to form heterodimeric NF-κB complex. Interacts with HDAC1, HDAC3, and CBP. Interaction with MEN1 inhibits transactivation activity of NF-κB complex.
- Cell Type
- B cells
- Biology Area
- Apoptosis/Tumor Suppressors/Cell Death, Cell Biology, Immunology, Neuroscience, Neuroscience Cell Markers, Signal Transduction, Transcription Factors
- Molecular Family
- Nuclear Markers
- Antigen References
1. Li Z, et al. 1997. Mol. Cell. Biol. 17:6184.
2. Saccani S, et al. 2004. J. Exp. Med. 200:107.
3. Nolan GP, et al. 1991. Cell 64:961.
4. Chen LF, et al. 2001. Science 293:1653.
5. Hansen SK, et al. 1994. Mol. Cell. Biol. 14:2593.
6. Chapman NR, et al. 2002. Biochem J. 366:459.
- Gene ID
- 4790 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about NF-kappaB p65 on UniProt.org
- What type of PE do you use in your conjugates?
- We use R-PE in our conjugates.
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.