- 14B2C16 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Interferon regulatory factor 6, IRF-6
- Mouse IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
|674503||25 tests||135 CHF|
|674504||100 tests||325 CHF|
IRF6 is a member of the IRF family of transcription factors, which are based on the presence of the conserved IRF tryptophan pentad repeat DNA-binding domain. Unlike other IRF transcription factors, IRF6 is not involved in the expression of interferon genes and doesn’t seem to be involved in innate immunity. Data suggests that IRF6 is necessary for appropriate epidermal differentiation and development. Mutations of IRF6 are associated with human craniofacial developmental defects such as cleft lip, palate, tooth agenesis, Van der Woude syndrome, and popliteal pterygium syndrome. IRF6-deficient mice display severe morphological defects in skin and limbs, and result in perinatal lethality as well.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Partial human IRF6 recombinant protein (92-223 a.a.) expressed in E. coli.
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and 0.2% (w/v) BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with PE under optimal conditions.
- Lot-specific (please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
ICFC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by intracellular flow cytometry using our True-Phos™ Perm Buffer in Cell Suspensions Protocol. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per million cells in 100 µl staining volume or 5 µl per 100 µl of whole blood.
- Excitation Laser
Blue Laser (488 nm)
Green Laser (532 nm)/Yellow-Green Laser (561 nm)
AB_2616776 (BioLegend Cat. No. 674503)
AB_2616777 (BioLegend Cat. No. 674504)
- 467 amino acids with a predicted molecular weight of 53 kD and contains an IRF trytophan pentad repeat that is responsible for DNA binding.
- Nucleus and cytoplasm.
- IRF6 is a transcriptional activator that regulates proliferation and differentiation of both epithelial cells and keratinocytes. IRF6 is required for normal epidermal development during embryogenesis.
- Interacts with SERPINB5.
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Transcription Factors
- Antigen References
1. Melath A, et al. 2013. Asian Pac. J. Cancer Prev. 14:6803.
2. Salahshourifar I, et al. 2012. Eur. J. Med. Genet. 55:389.
3. Blackburn J, et al. 2012. Dev. Biol. 365:61.
4. Botti E, et al. 2011. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 108:13710.
5. Restivo G, et al. 2011. EMBO 30:4571.
6. Fleming JA, et al. 2009. Mol. Cell Endocrinol. 299:252.
- Gene ID
- 3664 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about IRF6 on UniProt.org
- What type of PE do you use in your conjugates?
- We use R-PE in our conjugates.
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.