- HD83 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
|359203||25 tests||125,00 CHF|
|359204||100 tests||295,00 CHF|
CD205, also known as DEC-205 and LY75, belongs to the macrophage mannose receptor (MMR) family of C-type lectins. Both human and mouse CD205 share multiple similar structures: an N-terminal cysteine-rich domain, a fibronectin type II domain, and a series of 10 tandemly repeated C-type like domains (CTLDs). CD205 is highly expressed on dendritic cells and thymic cortical epithelial cells in humans and mice. It also can be detected on T and B cells, monocytes, neutrophils, and epithelial cells. CD205 is a novel endocytic receptor used by dendritic cells and thymic epithelial cells to direct captured antigens from the extracellular space to specialized antigen processing areas. It mediates antigen uptake and presentation and cross-presentation to T cells. It has been reported that CD205 acts as a recognition receptor for dying cells, which potentially provides an important pathway for the uptake of self-antigen in the intrathymic environment, and is involved in peripheral tolerance.Product Details
- Human , Mouse, Rat, Cross Reactivity: Monkey
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- hDEC205-hIgG1Fc protein
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and 0.2% (w/v) BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with PE under optimal conditions.
- Lot-specific (please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per million cells in 100 µl staining volume or 5 µl per 100 µl of whole blood.
- Excitation Laser
Blue Laser (488 nm)
Green Laser (532 nm)/Yellow-Green Laser (561 nm)
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for relevant formats) include: immunohistochemical staining of frozen tissue sections1 and Western blotting1.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Park CG, et al. 2012. J. Immunol. Methods 377:15. (IHC, WB)
- Product Citations
AB_2562438 (BioLegend Cat. No. 359203)
AB_2562439 (BioLegend Cat. No. 359204)
- An N-terminal cysteine-rich domain, a fibronectin type II domain and a series of 10 tandemnly repeated C-type like domains (CTLDs)
- Expressed at high levels by dendritic cells and thymic epithelial cells; also expressed by B lymphocytes, macrophages, Langerhans cells, bone marrow cells, and epithelial cells
- Mediates endocytosis, antigen uptake, presentation, and cross-presentation to T cells
- Cell Type
- Dendritic cells, Epithelial cells, B cells, Macrophages, Langerhans cells
- Biology Area
- Immunology, Innate Immunity
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Jiang W, et al. 1995. Nature 375:151.
2. Small M and Kraal G. 2003. Int. Immunol. 15:197.
3. Shrimpton RE, et al. 2009. Mol. Immunol. 46:1229.
- Gene ID
- 4065 View all products for this Gene ID 17076 View all products for this Gene ID 499800 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD205 on UniProt.org
- What type of PE do you use in your conjugates?
- We use R-PE in our conjugates.
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.