- p282 (H19) (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- V S006
- Other Names
- Protectin, H19, 1F-5Ag, HRF20, MACIF, MIRL, P-18
- Mouse IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
|304707||25 tests||100,00 CHF|
|304708||100 tests||220,00 CHF|
CD59 is a 19-25 kD glycosylphosphatidylinositol (GPI)-anchored glycoprotein also known as protectin, MACIF, and H19. It is broadly expressed on hematopoietic and non-hematopoietic cells. CD59 inhibits the cytolytic activity of complement by binding to C9, inhibiting incorporation into C5b-8, and preventing the terminal steps in complement polymerization of the membrane attack complex. CD59 has also been reported to play a role in T cell activation.Product Details
- Human, Baboon, Chimpanzee, Cynomolgus, Rhesus
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and 0.2% (w/v) BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography, and conjugated with PE under optimal conditions.
- Lot-specific (please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per million cells in 100 µl staining volume or 5 µl per 100 µl of whole blood.
- Excitation Laser
Blue Laser (488 nm)
Green Laser (532 nm)/Yellow-Green Laser (561 nm)
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Schlossman S, et al. Eds. 1995. Leucocyte Typing V. Oxford University Press. New York.
- Product Citations
AB_2275871 (BioLegend Cat. No. 304707)
AB_2076125 (BioLegend Cat. No. 304708)
- Ly6 superfamily, single chain GPI-linked membrane protein, 19-25 kD
All cell types
- Blocks complement-mediated lysis by inhibiting MAC formation
- Complement components C8, C9
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Immunology, Neuroinflammation, Neuroscience, Costimulatory Molecules
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Davies A, et al. 1993. Immunol. Res. 12:258.
2. Lachmann P. 1991. Immunol. Today 12:312.
3. Liszewski M, et al. 1996. Adv. Immunol. 61:201.
- Gene ID
- 966 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD59 on UniProt.org
- What type of PE do you use in your conjugates?
- We use R-PE in our conjugates.
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.