- 53-5.8 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Lyt-3.2, Ly-3.2
- Rat IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
|140414||100 µg||245,00 CHF|
CD8b is the 32 kD β chain of CD8, also known as Lyt-3.2 or Ly-3.2. It is a member of the Ig superfamily expressed as a heterodimer with the CD8α chain on a subset of MHC class I-restricted T cells and most thymocytes. CD8 is a co-receptor for the TCR complex involved in T cell activation. The antibody 53-5.8 is specific for Ly-3.2 and has low reactivity with Ly-3.1.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Mouse thymus or spleen
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography, and conjugated with Pacific Blue™ under optimal conditions.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤0.25 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
* Pacific Blue™ has a maximum emission of 455 nm when it is excited at 405 nm. Prior to using Pacific Blue™ conjugate for flow cytometric analysis, please verify your flow cytometer's capability of exciting and detecting the fluorochrome.
Alexa Fluor® and Pacific Blue™ are trademarks of Life Technologies Corporation.
View full statement regarding label licenses
- Excitation Laser
Violet Laser (405 nm)
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunofluorescence3, immunohistochemical staining4 of frozen tissue section using dry ice-isopentane method and immunoprecipitation5.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Ledbetter J, et al. 1979. Immunol. Rev. 47:63.
- Ledbetter J, et al. 1980. J. Exp. Med. 152:280.
- Vremec D, et al. 2000. J. Immunol. 164:2978. (IF)
- Lawrence D, et al. 1999. J. Virol. 73:1795. (IHC)
- Bosselut R, et al. 1999. J. Exp. Med. 190:1517. (IP)
- Product Citations
AB_10641278 (BioLegend Cat. No. 140414)
- Ig superfamily, CD8β chain, 32 kD
Majority of thymocytes, cytotoxic T cell subsets
- Co-receptor of TCR
- MHC class I
- Cell Type
- T cells, Thymocytes
- Biology Area
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules, TCRs
- Antigen References
1. Ledbetter J, et al. 1981. J. Exp. Med. 153:1503.
2. Renard V, et al. 1996. J. Exp. Med. 184:2439.
- Gene ID
- 12526 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD8b.2 on UniProt.org
|APC/Fire™ 750 anti-mouse CD8b.2||53-5.8||FC|
|PerCP/Cyanine5.5 anti-mouse CD8b.2||53-5.8||FC|
|APC/Cyanine7 anti-mouse CD8b.2||53-5.8||FC|
|PE/Cyanine7 anti-mouse CD8b.2||53-5.8||FC|
|Purified anti-mouse CD8b.2||53-5.8||FC, ICC, IHC-F, IP|
|FITC anti-mouse CD8b.2||53-5.8||FC|
|Biotin anti-mouse CD8b.2||53-5.8||FC|
|PE anti-mouse CD8b.2||53-5.8||FC|
|APC anti-mouse CD8b.2||53-5.8||FC|
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.