- HM48-1 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- BCM1, SLAMF2, Blast-1
- Armenian Hamster IgG
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
|103417||25 µg||85,00 CHF|
|103418||100 µg||195,00 CHF|
CD48 is a 45 kD GPI-anchored glycoprotein also known as BCM1, Blast-1 (human), and OX-45 (rat). It is a member of the Ig superfamily, expressed on T and B cells and monocytes/macrophages. It plays a role in adhesion and T cell recognition. The primary ligands for CD48 are CD2 and CD244.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Armenian Hamster
- Mouse T lymphoma MBL-2
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography, and conjugated with Pacific Blue™ under optimal conditions.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤ 0.25 µg per 106 cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
* Pacific Blue™ has a maximum emission of 455 nm when it is excited at 405 nm. Prior to using Pacific Blue™ conjugate for flow cytometric analysis, please verify your flow cytometer's capability of exciting and detecting the fluorochrome.
Alexa Fluor® and Pacific Blue™ are trademarks of Life Technologies Corporation.
View full statement regarding label licenses
- Excitation Laser
Violet Laser (405 nm)
- Application Notes
The HM48-1 antibody is useful for blocking in vitro and in vivo CD48 mediated interactions. Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunoprecipitation1, costimulation of T cell proliferation1,2, blocking of CD48-CD2 interaction1, and inhibition of CTL activity and graft rejection1,2. For in vivo studies or highly sensitive assays, we recommend Ultra-LEAF™ purified antibody (Cat. Nos. 103452-103456) with a lower endotoxin limit (Endotoxin < 0.01 EU/µg).
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Kato K, et al. 1992. J. Exp. Med. 176:1241. (IP, Costim, Block)
- Qin L, et al. 1994. J. Exp. Med. 179:341. (Costim, Block)
- Product Citations
AB_756139 (BioLegend Cat. No. 103417)
AB_756140 (BioLegend Cat. No. 103418)
- Ig superfamily, 45 kD
T cells and B cells, monocytes/macrophages
- Adhesion, T cell recognition
- CD2, CD244
- Cell Type
- B cells, Macrophages, Monocytes, T cells
- Biology Area
- Molecular Family
- Adhesion Molecules, CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Barclay AN, et al. 1997. The Leukocyte Antigen FactsBook Academic Press.
2. Flament C, et al. 1996. Hum. Immunol. 46:82.
3. Van der Merwe PA, et al. 1995. Curr. Biol. 5:74.
4. Latchman Y, et al. 1998. J. Immunol. 161:5809.
- Gene ID
- 12506 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD48 on UniProt.org
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.