- 2E7 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Integrin αIEL chain, Integrin αE chain, αE integrin, ITGAE
- Armenian Hamster IgG
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
|121417||25 µg||120,00 CHF|
|121418||100 µg||250,00 CHF|
CD103 is a type I transmembrane glycoprotein known as αE integrin or Integrin αIEL chain. It belongs to the integrin family and is primarily found on intestinal intraepithelial lymphocytes (IEL). CD103 is also expressed on a subpopulation of lamina propria T cells, epithelial dendritic cells, lamina propria-derived dendritic cells, and a small subset of peripheral lymphocytes. T regulatory cells express high level of CD103. The CD103 expression on lymphocytes can be induced upon activation and TGF-β stimulation. In association with integrin β7, CD103 is expressed as αE/β7 heterodimer. Mature CD103 protein can be cleaved into 2 chains, a 150 kD (C-terminal) chain and a 25 kD (N-terminal) chain, which remain linked by disulfide bonds. CD103 binds to E-cadherin and mediates homing of lymphocytes to the intestinal epithelium.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Armenian Hamster
- Mouse intestinal intraepithelial lymphocytes
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography, and conjugated with Pacific Blue™ under optimal conditions.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤ 1.0 µg per 106 cells in 100 µl volume or 100 µl of whole blood. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
* Pacific Blue™ has a maximum emission of 455 nm when it is excited at 405 nm. Prior to using Pacific Blue™ conjugate for flow cytometric analysis, please verify your flow cytometer's capability of exciting and detecting the fluorochrome.
Alexa Fluor® and Pacific Blue™ are trademarks of Life Technologies Corporation.
View full statement regarding label licenses
- Excitation Laser
Violet Laser (405 nm)
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunoprecipitation1, immunohistochemical staining1,7 of acetone-fixed frozen sections, immunofluorescence2, and in vitro activation1.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- LeFrancois L, et. al, 1994. Eur. J. Immunol. 24:635. (FC, IHC, IP)
- Mysorekar IU, et. al, 2002. J. Biol. Chem. 277:37811. (FC, IF)
- Mikami N, et al. 2011. J. Immunol. 186:6886. PubMed
- del Rio ML, et al. 2011. Transpl. Int. 24:501. (FC) PubMed
- Quinn KM, et al. 2013. J. Immunol. 191:5085. PubMed
- Verhagen J and Wraith DC. 2014. J. Immunol. Methods. S0022. (FC) PubMed
- Xiao B, et al. 2015. PLoS One 1:e0115333. (IHC)
- Product Citations
AB_2128620 (BioLegend Cat. No. 121417)
AB_2128619 (BioLegend Cat. No. 121418)
- Type I transmembrane glycoprotein, Integrin family, can be cleaved into 150 kD and 25 kD chains, associated with β7 integrin
Majority of intestinal intraepithelial lymphocytes (IEL), subpopulation of lamina propria T cells, epithelial dendritic cells, small subset of peripheral lymphocytes, Treg cells.
- Retention and activation of CD103+ lymphocytes in the intestinal epithelium, regulate tissue-specific T cell homing.
- Cell Type
- Dendritic cells, Lymphocytes, T cells, Tregs
- Biology Area
- Molecular Family
- Adhesion Molecules, CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Kilshaw PJ and SJ. Murant. 1990. Eur. J. Immunol. 20:2201.
2. Karecla PI, et al. 1995. Eur. J. Immunol. 25:852.
3. LeFrancois L, et al. 1994. Eur. J. Immunol. 24:635.
4. Sung SS, et al. 2006. J. Immunol. 176:2161.
5. Johansson-Lindbom B, et al. 2005. J. Exp. Med. 202:1063.
6. Dujardin HC, et al. 2004. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA. 101:14473.
- Gene ID
- 16407 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD103 on UniProt.org
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.