- HI149 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- V CD01.01
- Other Names
- T6, R4
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
CD1a is a 49 kD member of the immunoglobulin superfamily also known as T6 and R4. It is a type I membrane glycoprotein with structural similarities to MHC class I and is non-covalently associated with β2-microglobulin. CD1a plays a role in non-peptide glycolipid antigen presentation to CD1-restricted T cells. It is expressed on cortical double positive and single positive thymocytes, Langerhans cells, and dendritic cells. In addition to antigen presentation, CD1a has been implicated in thymic T cell development.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
test size: Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and 0.2% (w/v) BSA (origin USA).
µg sizes: Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography, and conjugated with Pacific Blue™ under optimal conditions.
- test size: lot-specific; µg sizes: 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis.
For test size, the suggested use of this reagent for immunofluorescent staining is 5 µl per 106 cells in 100 µl volume.
For µg sizes, the suggested use of this reagent for immunofluorescent staining is <0.5 µg per 106 cells in 100 µl volume.
It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
* Pacific Blue™ has a maximum emission of 455 nm when it is excited at 405 nm. Prior to using Pacific Blue™ conjugate for flow cytometric analysis, please verify your flow cytometer's capability of exciting and detecting the fluorochrome.
Alexa Fluor® and Pacific Blue™ are trademarks of Life Technologies Corporation.
View full statement regarding label licenses
- Excitation Laser
Violet Laser (405 nm)
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunohistochemical staining of acetone-fixed frozen tissue sections.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Product Citations
AB_493109 (BioLegend Cat. No. 300117)
AB_493108 (BioLegend Cat. No. 300118)
AB_1595434 (BioLegend Cat. No. 300124)
- Ig superfamily, MHC I-like molecule, type I transmembrane glycoprotein, 49 kD
Cortical thymocytes, Langerhans cells, dendritic cells
- Antigen presentation, lymphocyte activation, thymic T cell development
- CD1-restricted TCRs
- Cell Type
- Dendritic cells, Langerhans cells, Thymocytes
- Biology Area
- Immunology, Innate Immunity
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules
- Antigen References
- Blumberg RS, et al. 1995. Immunol. Rev. 147:5.
- Calabi F, et al. 1991. Tissue Antigens 37:1.
- Melian A, et al. 1996. Curr. Opin. Immunol. 8:82.
- Gene ID
- 909 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD1a on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.