- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Interleukin 21, Za11, IL21 Precoated ELISA Kit
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
|446107||1 Pre-coated Plate||425,00 CHF|
Interleukin 21 (IL-21) is a cytokine produced by CD4+ T cells, including T helper 17 (Th17) cells, T follicular helper (Tfh) cells, and natural killer T (NKT) cells. Functionally, IL-21 has pleiotropic effects on both innate and adaptive immune responses. IL-21 enhances IFN? production and cytotoxicity in CD8+ T effector cells, and terminal differentiation in activated natural killer (NK) cells. Though not essential for the differentiation of Th17 cells in vitro or in vivo, IL-21 can drive Th17 responses in conjunction with TGF-ß. Production of IL-21 in CD4+ T cells is induced by IL-6 upon TCR stimulation; IL-6 and IL-21 are also key players in Tfh differentiation, driving increased expression of both bcl6 and CXCR5. In addition to its effects on T cells, IL-21 can also mediate cell proliferation, growth arrest, terminal differentiation, and apoptosis in normal B cells, depending on the target cell’s activation status. However, IL-21 has been reported to inhibit the proliferation of both human and murine B cells that have been stimulated with anti-IgM antibodies.
The BioLegend LEGEND MAX™ Mouse IL-21 ELISA Kit is a Sandwich Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay (ELISA) with a 96-well strip plate that is pre-coated with a polyclonal goat anti-mouse IL-21 capture antibody. The detection antibody is a biotinylated polyclonal goat anti-mouse IL-21 antibody. This kit is specifically designed for the accurate quantitation of mouse IL-21 from cell culture supernatant, serum, plasma, and other biological fluids. It is analytically validated with ready-to-use reagents.
- Kit Contents
- Anti-Mouse IL-21 Pre-coated 96-well Strip Microplate
- Mouse IL-21 Dectection Antibody
- Mouse IL-21 Standard
- Matrix C (for serum and plasma samples only)
- Assay Buffer A
- Wash Buffer (20X)
- Substrate Solution F
- Stop Solution
- Plate Sealers
- Storage & Handling
- Store unopened kit components between 2°C and 8°C.
- 1.39 pg/mL
- Standard Range
- 4.7-300 pg/mL
- Materials Not Included
- Microplate reader able to measure absorbance at 450 nm
- Adjustable pipettes to measure volumes ranging from 1 µL to 1,000 µL
- Deionized water
- Wash bottle or automated microplate washer
- Log-Log graph paper or software for data analysis
- Tubes to prepare standard dilutions
- Plate Shaker
- Polypropylene vials
- In your LEGEND MAX™ ELISA Kits, there is a step that calls for washing the plates before adding sample. What is the purpose of this step?
We typically use a stabilizer for pre-coated plates. The additional washing step is designed to remove these components before you start the assay. If you do not perform the washing, the effect on assay performance is negligible.
- I have multiple LEGEND MAX™ ELISA kits that I want to run simultaneously. Can I use the same wash buffer for all the kits?
The wash buffer provided in all our LEGEND MAX™ kits is the same and the part numbers on the wash buffer bottles in these kits should identical. For ELISA MAX™ Deluxe and ELISA MAX™ Standard Sets, we provide a recipe for the wash buffer on each kit’s technical data sheet. This recipe is the same for all ELISA MAX™ sets.
- For some of your ELISA kits, why do my serum samples require dilution with assay buffer?
In some cases, dilution with assay buffer is required to minimize the matrix difference between the samples and the standards to achieve better accuracy.