|433807||1 Pre-coated Plate||395 CHF|
Human IL-21 is a 4-helix-bundle-type fold cytokine with significant homology to IL-2, IL-4, and IL-15. IL-21 is produced most abundantly by activated CD4+ T cells, including Th17 lineage cells and natural killer T (NKT) cells, and has pleiotropic effects on both innate and adaptive immune responses. These actions include positive effects such as enhanced proliferation of NK cells and cytotoxic T cells that can destroy virally infected or cancerous cells and direct inhibitory effects on the antigen-presenting function of dendritic cells. It can also be proapoptotic for B cells and NK cells.
BioLegend’s LEGEND MAX™ Human IL-21 ELISA Kit is a sandwich Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay (ELISA), in which, a human IL-21 specific monoclonal antibody is pre-coated on a 96-well strip-well plate.
This Human IL-21 ELISA Kit is specifically designed for the accurate quantitation of human IL-21 from cell culture supernatant, serum, plasma, and other bodily fluids. It is ready-to-use, accurate, and sensitive.
- Kit Contents
- Anti-Human IL-21 Pre-coated 96-well Strip Microplate
- Human IL-21 Dectection Antibody
- Human IL-21 Standard
- Avidin-HRP D
- Assay Buffer A
- Wash Buffer (20X)
- Substrate Solution F
- Stop Solution
- Plate Sealers
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Isaza-Guzman DM, et al. 2015. Arch Oral Biol. 60:91. PubMed
- Product Citations
- 4.2 pg/mL
- Standard Range
- 31.3-2,000 pg/mL
- Materials Not Included
- Microplate reader able to measure absorbance at 450 nm
- Adjustable pipettes to measure volumes ranging from 1 µL to 1,000 µL
- Deionized water
- Wash bottle or automated microplate washer
- Log-Log graph paper or software for data analysis
- Tubes to prepare standard dilutions
- Plate Shaker
- Polypropylene vials
- For some of your ELISA kits, why do my serum samples require dilution with assay buffer?
Dilution with assay buffer is required to minimize the matrix difference between the samples and the standards to achieve better accuracy.
- I have multiple LEGEND MAX™ ELISA kits that I want to run simultaneously. Can I use the same wash buffer for all the kits?
The Wash buffer is the same for all the current LEGEND MAX™ kits. All the part numbers on the Wash Buffer bottles in these kits should be the same. For ELISA MAX™ Deluxe and ELISA MAX™ Standard sets, we provide a recipe for the wash buffer on each kit’s technical data sheet. This recipe is the same for all ELISA MAX™ sets.
- In your LEGEND MAX™ ELISA Kits, there is a step that calls for a washing of the plates before even adding any sample to it. What is the purpose of this step?
We typically use a stabilizer for pre-coated plates. The washings were designed to remove these components before you start the assay. If you do not do the washings, the effect on assay performance is negligible.