- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- IGFALS, ACLSD, ALS, insulin-like growth factor binding protein, acid labile subunit
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
|445907||1 Pre-coated Plate||545 CHF|
The manual for Cat. No. 445907 is available here.
Insulin-like growth factor (IGF) is an important hormone for childhood growth and in a variety of physiological functions in adults. Free IGF has a short half-life in serum of about 10 minutes. This half-life is extended by forming a binary complex with IGFBP1-6 to 30 - 90 minutes. IGFALS binds the IGF/IGFBP3 or IGBP5 complex to generate a ternary complex with a serum half-life of more than 12 hours. About 80% of circulating IGF is in this ternary complex.
Insulin-like growth factor binding protein, acid labile subunit (IGFALS), is produced by the liver and is present at high concentrations in postnatal serum. IGFALS is encoded by the IGFALS gene and stimulated by growth hormone. Defects in the IGFALS gene result in lower circulating levels of IGF-1 and IGF-2, causing delayed puberty, increased risk of metastatic disease, and is associated with insulin resistance. Different conditions such as fasting, catabolic disease, or cirrhosis have been shown to reduce serum IGFALS levels in humans. The IGFALS protein is composed of 578 amino acids with 20 leucine-rich repeats.
BioLegend's LEGEND MAX™ Human IGFALS ELISA kit is a Sandwich Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay (ELISA) with a 96-well strip plate that is pre-coated with a monoclonal mouse anti-human IGFALS capture antibody. The detection antibody is a biotinylated monoclonal mouse anti-human IGFALS antibody. This kit is specifically designed for the accurate quantitation of human IGFALS from cell culture supernatant, serum, plasma and other biological fluids. Free or ternary complex IGFALS can be detected. It is analytically validated with ready-to-use reagents.Product Details
- Kit Contents
- Anti-Human IGFALS Pre-coated 96-well Strip Microplate
- Human IGFALS Dectection Antibody
- Human IGFALS Standard
- Assay Buffer B
- Wash Buffer (20X)
- Substrate Solution F
- Stop Solution
- Plate Sealers
- 4.39 ± 0.57 ng/mL
- Standard Range
- 15 - 480 ng/mL
- Materials Not Included
- Microplate reader able to measure absorbance at 450 nm
- Adjustable pipettes to measure volumes ranging from 1 µL to 1,000 µL
- Deionized water
- Wash bottle or automated microplate washer
- Log-Log graph paper or software for data analysis
- Tubes to prepare standard dilutions
- Plate Shaker
- Polypropylene vials
- In your LEGEND MAX™ ELISA Kits, there is a step that calls for washing the plates before adding sample. What is the purpose of this step?
We typically use a stabilizer for pre-coated plates. The additional washing step is designed to remove these components before you start the assay. If you do not perform the washing, the effect on assay performance is negligible.
- I have multiple LEGEND MAX™ ELISA kits that I want to run simultaneously. Can I use the same wash buffer for all the kits?
The wash buffer provided in all our LEGEND MAX™ kits is the same and the part numbers on the wash buffer bottles in these kits should be identical. For ELISA MAX™ Deluxe and ELISA MAX™ Standard Sets, we provide a recipe for the wash buffer on each kit’s technical data sheet. This recipe is the same for all ELISA MAX™ sets.
- For some of your ELISA kits, why do my serum samples require dilution with assay buffer?
In some cases, dilution with assay buffer is required to minimize the matrix difference between the samples and the standards to achieve better accuracy.