- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- FGL2 Pre-coated ELISA Kit
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
|436907||1 Pre-coated Plate||462 CHF|
Fibrinogen-like protein 2 (FGL2), also known as fibroleukin, was first cloned from cytotoxic T lymphocytes and was classified as a member of the fibrinogen superfamily due to its homology (36%) with fibrinogen b and g chains. In humans, the fgl2 gene encodes a protein of 439 amino acids. Under non-reducing conditions, the molecular mass of the protein is 250-300 kD and in reducing conditions, it is 64-70 kD, indicating that FGL2 in its natural state forms a tetrameric complex. It is postulated that FGL2 has pleiotropic effects and is an important immune regulator of both innate and adaptive responses. In macrophages and endothelial cells, FGL2 is expressed as a membrane-associated protein, which acts as a prothrombinase enzyme with the ability to generate thrombin directly from prothrombin. FGL2 also exists as a secreted form expressed by regulatory T cells that down-regulates dendritic cell activity and induces B cell apoptosis. The regulatory activity of FGL2 has been implicated in inhibition of allograft rejection, autoimmunity, and the pathogenesis of experimental as well as human viral infections.
BioLegend's Human FGL2 LEGEND MAX™ ELISA Kit is a Sandwich Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay (ELISA) with 96 well microtiter strip plates that are pre-coated with a capture antibody.
This Human FGL2 ELISA Kit with pre-coated plates is specifically designed for the accurate quantitation of analytes from cell culture supernatant, serum, plasma, and other biological fluids. This kit is analytically validated, with ready-to-use reagents.
- Kit Contents
- Anti-Human FGL2 Pre-coated 96-well Strip Microplate
- Human FGL2 Dectection Antibody
- Human FGL2 Standard
- Matrix C (for serum and plasma samples only)
- Avidin-HRP A
- Assay Buffer B
- Wash Buffer (20X)
- Substrate Solution F
- Stop Solution
- Plate Sealers
- Verified Reactivity
- Product Citations
- 45 pg/mL
- Standard Range
- 0.25-16 ng/mL
- Materials Not Included
- Microplate reader able to measure absorbance at 450 nm
- Adjustable pipettes to measure volumes ranging from 1 µL to 1,000 µL
- Deionized water
- Wash bottle or automated microplate washer
- Log-Log graph paper or software for data analysis
- Tubes to prepare standard dilutions
- Plate Shaker
- Polypropylene vials
- Cell Sources
- Tregs that down-regulates dendritic cell activity and induces B cell apoptosis
- Biology Area
- Apoptosis/Tumor Suppressors/Cell Death, Immunology, Innate Immunity
- Molecular Family
- Gene ID
- 10875 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about FGL2 on UniProt.org
- In your LEGEND MAX™ ELISA Kits, there is a step that calls for washing the plates before adding sample. What is the purpose of this step?
We typically use a stabilizer for pre-coated plates. The additional washing step is designed to remove these components before you start the assay. If you do not perform the washing, the effect on assay performance is negligible.
- I have multiple LEGEND MAX™ ELISA kits that I want to run simultaneously. Can I use the same wash buffer for all the kits?
The wash buffer provided in all our LEGEND MAX™ kits is the same and the part numbers on the wash buffer bottles in these kits should be identical. For ELISA MAX™ Deluxe and ELISA MAX™ Standard Sets, we provide a recipe for the wash buffer on each kit’s technical data sheet. This recipe is the same for all ELISA MAX™ sets.
- For some of your ELISA kits, why do my serum samples require dilution with assay buffer?
In some cases, dilution with assay buffer is required to minimize the matrix difference between the samples and the standards to achieve better accuracy.